P4: Hardware Revisions ???

Reaction score
Does anyone know if DJI made hardware revisions during the life of the P4?

I'm considering buying a 2nd used P4, but this particular P4 is one of the earliest ones (fyi the P4 was released in March 2016).

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you are talking FW upgrades, there was one in November 2016 and another one in July 2017 (or thereabouts). Updates are optional but you will probably find that when you install the GO4 app, you will be prompted continuously to update. Many do and there are a number that certainly don't and they seem to fly just fine.

If you are talking FW upgrades, there was one in November 2016 and another one in July 2017 (or thereabouts)

No, I'm asking about HW, not FW. Alot of times there are hardware bugs which are fixed during a product's lifecycle.
Trying to get an idea if there are any known hardware issues with early P4's.

No, I'm asking about HW, not FW. Alot of times there are hardware bugs which are fixed during a product's lifecycle.
Trying to get an idea if there are any known hardware issues with early P4's.
No worries I also have one from July last year and it hums along just fine, the only upgrade that I'm aware of was the clip on prop mount kit that came out earlier this year. It replaces the original screw on prop that some people were having issues with. As for internal HW upgrades during later production runs, only DJI would know. FW upgrades were designed to tweak known issues to the existing platform and provide additional functions for the user that did create problems for quite a few people but most of us were unaffected. I would test the unit and see how it flies, change the prop kit over, don't upgrade the FW and enjoy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga