P4/GL300C Remote: Cyan Light. Can't Connect to App. Can't reset controller.

Reaction score
I'm running into a couple of really frustrating issues. I bought a "new" P4 online. It was open box, but allegedly new. The RC (GL300C) and craft weren't linked when I got it.

I downloaded DJI Go 4. When I connect my RC to the app, it identifies my device as "Inspire 1". Let me be clear here: I am not talking about the opening prompt that shows pictures of crafts and let's you pick which model you have. This is a modal warning -- it says, "Connected device: Inspire 1. Inspire 1 is not compatible with DJI Go 4. Please download DJI Go." (There are two versions of DJI Go.) I have tried removing the app, reinstalling, trying on different devices, etc. It doesn't matter. It always recognizes the RC as being synced with an Inspire 1.

Now, I tried manually syncing the craft and the RC using the controller reset method. No matter what I try, I cannot get the RC to respond to any of the reset combinations. It powers on, but has a cyan light on. I have tried at least a dozen combination methods (C1+C2+Record, C1+C2+Record+Camera settings, etc). I see in the manual if the reset works it's supposed to emit some beeps. I never get beeps. It's like the controller powers on but ignores the reset attempts. I don't think I am doing this wrong, because I've successfully reset my Phantom 3 RC in the past without issue.

Basically, every solution I read online suggests to either:
1) re-link the device through DJI Go 4. I can't do this, because it recognizes the device as Inspire 1, and forces me to use DJI Go (incompatible with P4)
or
2) manually link the craft and RC by starting with a controller reset. However, every reset attempt is ignored by the controller.

The only thing I can think of is manually updating the firmware on the RC, since I can't use the app to do it. However, the Phantom 4 DJI product page's download section does not have links to firmware. I don't know where to find it. I cannot find firmware for the model RC I have (GL300C). I have found forum links with downloads for GL300A and GL300B, but I can't find anything for C.

Basically what I'm wondering is, does an RC that ignores the "force reset" button combination imply it is defective?

I am with the same problem, I tried the same thing as you and also without result, I am following your post until a good soul pairs to solve our problem

I managed to solve it, dji go4.0 will direct you to the inspire 1 screen of the app dji go, without clicking the camera hold the menu in the upper right corner for 5 seconds, a screen will appear to downgrade to the previous versions in my case I updated to version 1.6 from there it happened to reconhcer in the djigo4.0 again. I hope you understood I'm Brazilian and did the translation by google translate

I managed to solve it, dji go4.0 will direct you to the inspire 1 screen of the app dji go, without clicking the camera hold the menu in the upper right corner for 5 seconds, a screen will appear to downgrade to the previous versions in my case I updated to version 1.6 from there it happened to reconhcer in the djigo4.0 again. I hope you understood I'm Brazilian and did the translation by google translate
1.6 didn’t work but another version at least got me the Camera button back to have the app continue with the necessary updates. Made an account t just to thank you, this was such a pain out of nowhere

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik