P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

Yeah I get the IMU calibration as well.. even thought I've calibrated it . It goes off when it's warm and operates fine

Have not done this update yet but looking to do it through the assistant. does anyone have a current link to the download area for the assistant? Thank you in advance.

The new intelligent modes and features looks great, but with all the negative posts, I will wait until there is stability with this new firmware release.

Updated on 7/6
Bird now disconnects camera recording in flight, swings camera left and right, yet is still controlable and can see through camera, hovers in calm air like it was in 20 mph gusts. Wanders as much as 3 teet off, when prior to update was steady wihtin centimeters. Now it acts like a junkie overdue for a fix. I've been flying for 2 years, lost 2 P3A's both after firmware updates with issues. Prior to this update there was no problem whatever. Bird flew perfectly, camera was perfect. Have reinstalled firmware, recalibraed IMU, compass. Contacted DJI support was told to do everything I had already done, a few things that made no sense, and during chat, the bright one asked me to connect to the internet. I noted that I was talking to him on chat at which point he disconnected. I wanted to roll back the firmware, but no previous firmware whosed in assistant. Anyone know a different way to get this firmware in my bird and get it working agian?

I'm glad things worked out for everyone else that had the same 99% stall issue and was able to resolve it. I have to give full credit to @JohnnyD913, I was in the same situation until he braved an hour on the phone with DJI to figure out the solution.
I got thru that issue, and I updated remote and the drone and everything checked out ok, Then I put another battery in the drone and it has a warning "battery failed authentication" and will not let me fly. The battery that I used during backup works fine, but my three spares will not. Any ideas????

I got thru that issue, and I updated remote and the drone and everything checked out ok, Then I put another battery in the drone and it has a warning "battery failed authentication" and will not let me fly. The battery that I used during backup works fine, but my three spares will not. Any ideas????
Based on what I've read here, looks like you also have to update those non working batteries. The one that worked, updated correctly. Just re-do the same process as you did with the working battery.

I updated on Thursday I guess, everything was fine flew some flights I'd already planned without trying the new modes added on Thursday and Friday without a hitch. Go to fire up this morning and keep getting aircraft disconnected like my phone cord came unplugged. Tried to refresh firmware with assistant and it hangs at %57, FML.

Thanks, like a million times, I've had a PC since 1986 so I've smashed my face against basic trouble shooting all morning. Going to try rebinding my controller I guess.

No, I hear you.

step 1.) Is it plugged in? Check.

step 2.) Reboot literally everything a bunch of times even waiting a half hour between powering everything back up.

Step 3.) Try to refresh firmware with 2 different internet connections.

Rebind my controller, I get initial camera feed then "aircraft disconnected" just like before. If I unplug the cord and plug it back in it comes back for a second the disconnects again, just like before. The aircraft fan goes on and off like the whole thing is stuck in a loop rebooting.

**edit** I can arm the motors but have had the props off since my first try today didn't work.

HELLOOOOOO! I must be missing something here......are is it everybody else in this conversation? I attempted to use the DJI GO4 app to update my P4 and it pops up a notice stating that doing the update, my aircraft will be limited to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m!!! I then had a choice to Accept or Cancel. This was a NO-BRAINER! Why would Anybody want to do the update???

Reactions: BCBasher
Because a week later you'll find that the app will update and then you'll have no choice but to update

HELLOOOOOO! I must be missing something here......are is it everybody else in this conversation? I attempted to use the DJI GO4 app to update my P4 and it pops up a notice stating that doing the update, my aircraft will be limited to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m!!! I then had a choice to Accept or Cancel. This was a NO-BRAINER! Why would Anybody want to do the update???

Mine didn't give me a choice as far as I can recall? As far as I understood that restriction was just if you didn't relog in DJI go.

So did a little test flight yesterday evening, and everything went fine, but i was getting and "IMU Error: Calibrate IMU", which seemed odd, bc i calibrated it already. so i restarted the bird, which was sitting on a picnic table, and the same error appeared way with all 4 LEDs lit up red. I moved the bird to the ground, and then restarted it again, and it gave me the error again, but then it went away and gave me the good to go......not sure if this is some sort of bug or not....has anyone else seen this behavior after the firmware upgrade???

I did today - I calibrated the IMU before I went out flying and just before taking off that error popped up and then after 10 seconds it disappeared as said it was ready to fly... must be a bug

Reactions: Suhail78
Because a week later you'll find that the app will update and then you'll have no choice but to update
Even with only flying with Litchi? And who would Ever want to limit their flights to to 50 meters when it can fly 3.2 Miles?

They only restrict you if you are flying without a tablet/phone connected or of your not logged in to your DJI account!

Reactions: BCBasher

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT