P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

Reaction score
The impossible has happened, DJI actually released new firmware for the P4. Here are the notes and the link to their post. The firmware DOES have the new flight modes, and login restrictions, but there is no mention as to whether the Tilted Horizon issue has been fixed, like it was for the P4P.

Overview
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.2.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS:V4.1.3
  • DJI GO 4 App Android:V4.1.2

What’s New
  • Updated No Fly Zone Management.
  • Added Gesture, Draw, Terrain Follow, and Tripod as Intelligent Flight Modes, as well as Trace and Profile sub-modes for ActiveTrack and a Free sub-mode for TapFly.
  • Optimized Smart Return to Home, added Landing Protection, and Precision Landing.
  • For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

Notes
  • Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
  • If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • Requires the DJI GO 4 app v4.1.0 or later, otherwise the flight will be restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.

Last edited:
Just saw this too. Seems they needed to add all those features to lure people into upgrading to block the "hacks" I presume.

Reactions: Cadbob
Does this affect any Litchi functions? I've not used DJI GO since it kept crashing in early November.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

New options seem to work well in DJI GO 4.

That's great to hear. Have you experienced a Tilted Horizon before and if so, does this firmware seem to help?

The impossible has happened, DJI actually released new firmware for the P4. Here are the notes and the link to their post. The firmware DOES have the new flight modes, and login restrictions, but there is no mention as to whether the Tilted Horizon issue has been fixed, like it was for the P4P.

Overview
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.2.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS:V4.1.3
  • DJI GO 4 App Android:V4.1.2

What’s New
  • Updated No Fly Zone Management.
  • Added Gesture, Draw, Terrain Follow, and Tripod as Intelligent Flight Modes, as well as Trace and Profile sub-modes for ActiveTrack and a Free sub-mode for TapFly.
  • Optimized Smart Return to Home, added Landing Protection, and Precision Landing.
  • For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

Notes
  • Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
  • If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • Requires the DJI GO 4 app v4.1.0 or later, otherwise the flight will be restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.
Thanks, need help though. Updated first through controller. Failed at 99%. Then restored to factor with assistant 2. Reinstalled with assistant 2. App comes up, can see new features. App unable to recognize version. App shows Aircraft disconnected or weak transmission signal, mostly green screen. Have restarted everything.

Help?

Thanks, need help though. Updated first through controller. Failed at 99%. Then restored to factor with assistant 2. Reinstalled with assistant 2. App comes up, can see new features. App unable to recognize version. App shows Aircraft disconnected or weak transmission signal, mostly green screen. Have restarted everything.

Help?

With the P4P, people who had weak transmission signals had to rebind their controller to the aircraft.

My update went smoothly with all the lights flashing in weird formations, and beeps and gimbal jiggles, then at 92% got a message saying device not compatible. Ipad mini. I ignored the warning and the update finished OK.
I live on the coast and the tilted horizon is always an issue, so I will do a test flight soon and report back.

I can't even see this version as an update option...

I got the new controller firmware (1.9.2) but nothing for the aircraft using either DJI Assistant (1.1.2-2) or Go 4 (4.1.3)...

Last edited:
I can't even see this version as an update option...

I got the new controller firmware (1.9.2) but nothing for the aircraft using either DJI Assistant (1.1.2-2) or Go 4 (4.1.3)...

I am already on 2.00.0012 on the aircraft, I just hope that isn't the problem...
I got only the controller update alert, I updated the controller, then rebooted and this time got the aircraft update, try a full reboot.

I got only the controller update alert, I updated the controller, then rebooted and this time got the aircraft update, try a full reboot.

Already did, several times :)

Even if the controller was an issue, it should have shown it when using DJI Assistant 2.

I used DJI Assistant 2 for the bird update and DJI GO 4 for the controller update.

That's great to hear. Have you experienced a Tilted Horizon before and if so, does this firmware seem to help?

Not seen that so far., Did have a limp gimbal a few days ago, but all ok so far with new firmware.

Reactions: donk
After frimware update my p4 cannot do compass calibration allway failed and phantom 4 image transmission cannot costume

After frimware update my p4 cannot do compass calibration allway failed and phantom 4 image transmission cannot costume

Have you updated the controller as well as the aircraft?

Which version of Go 4 are you using?

I updated the controller and phantom 4 today, no major issues, just a few warnings about device not compatible, but it didn't prevent the update from completing successfully. Did an IMU calibration, which was different than the previous process, but it went smoothly, i calibrated the gimbal, and reviewed all my settings, and restored my configuration. Didn't fly yet, but i don't anticipate any issues, looking forward to trying out the new flight modes!! Anyone test them out yet??

I updated my P4 but now my inspire 1 remote control will not work with the updated aircraft's firmware. The power light on the remote is blinking orange and green rapidly and the it keeps reconnecting. :(

I updated the controller and phantom 4 today, no major issues, just a few warnings about device not compatible, but it didn't prevent the update from completing successfully. Did an IMU calibration, which was different than the previous process, but it went smoothly, i calibrated the gimbal, and reviewed all my settings, and restored my configuration. Didn't fly yet, but i don't anticipate any issues, looking forward to trying out the new flight modes!! Anyone test them out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues