P4 carrying weight

Reaction score
Does anyone know the max carrying weight for the P4 and any good fishing systems for the P4

JeffreyS

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is anyone actually going to answer the OP's question?

Reaction score
I've done tests with a P3A for flying instruments aloft to measure air quality and detect thermal inversions. Attached is a small spreadsheet showing my results. Ask if you need clarification.

Bottom line - I found a payload of 480 grams / 17 ounces could be carried easily, even in light wind, and (under a 107 waiver) up to 700 feet with plenty of battery reserve for getting back down. Although I could lift a 21 ounce payload off the ground I deemed it not safe.

Attachments

• DroneWeightTest.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Reaction score
The question was simple and twofold. The carryi capacity of the P4P, and a good fishing system. I suggested the Gannet X bait release system as one I use for fishing, and their website lists the weight carrying capacity of the various Phantom drones. So what is the confusio?

ianzone

**P4**
Reaction score
I just use home made contraptions for my p4,but will work on any drone,,can carry 6 once sinker and 3 baited hooks,this is safe amount before motors start really working hard,,swivel just sits on tab you can see and either stopping and till back or tightening drag on surfcaster will make it drop off the back,easy,,as for buying stuff you might be in for a wait mayby,,I'm still waiting for Ebay orders but everything is stopped at customs during this lockdown issue so we been advised not to shop ..online..ps..I do all my drops in sport mode so it's got the power,,it dont like GPS mode with weight.gezz we not even allowed to go fishing in this time ,,surfcasting or with a boat
15858566441934898771013233502245.jpg

Last edited:

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I've done tests with a P3A for flying instruments aloft to measure air quality and detect thermal inversions. Attached is a small spreadsheet showing my results. Ask if you need clarification.

Bottom line - I found a payload of 480 grams / 17 ounces could be carried easily, even in light wind, and (under a 107 waiver) up to 700 feet with plenty of battery reserve for getting back down. Although I could lift a 21 ounce payload off the ground I deemed it not safe.

We were at 16 ounces but that demands no swing , very smooth flight and no sport mode.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain
Coal

Reaction score
Hi ianzon, that homemade contraption looks great. Centered enough to balance and carry payload without interfering with camera. Lightweight and strong enough to carry a good load. Does the load come off easy?

Reactions: ianzone

ianzone

**P4**
Reaction score
Hi ianzon, that homemade contraption looks great. Centered enough to balance and carry payload without interfering with camera. Lightweight and strong enough to carry a good load. Does the load come off easy?
Yes works good,either tilt back and slides off or drag on fishing reel and comes off while still moving forward

Reaction score
Sorry for the ignorance, but I am still learning. How do I tilt back without backward/forward movement with right stick?

Reaction score
Phantom 4 can carry around 2lbs what is funny is the phantom 3 can carry slightly more weight :) just a fun fact.

Reaction score

Hello JC in NH,
Air quality, could you elaborate, I work for an air pollution monitoring company, I'd be very interested in the equipment and results?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashes phantom 4pro