P4 bleep

Reaction score
Had slight damage landing now see attached
13A42EFE-0F40-40E3-A366-C40AA704015F.jpeg
E7ACA074-E82B-4B85-9142-616B6DD307FD.jpeg
constant bleep with no connection and red flashing led light near SD slot.
So it must be the white wire on one leg and black wire on opposite leg.
Are they soldered or not?
If not then open up and fix as ribben maybe lose
if they are then wired are fixed solid?
So god only knows what it is?

There is a video I found on P4 Landing gear replacement that may allow you to fix this issue. I'd assume that something has come loose within the landing gear as there is a small type of "logic" board near the top of the landing gear which becomes loose fairly easily. Anyhow the video is in the image below.
Screenshot_20190411_174552.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190411_174552.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190411_174552.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 291
Many tha
There is a video I found on P4 Landing gear replacement that may allow you to fix this issue. I'd assume that something has come loose within the landing gear as there is a small type of "logic" board near the top of the landing gear which becomes loose fairly easily. Anyhow the video is in the image below.View attachment 110478

Many thank, we’re getting close?

There is a video I found on P4 Landing gear replacement that may allow you to fix this issue. I'd assume that something has come loose within the landing gear as there is a small type of "logic" board near the top of the landing gear which becomes loose fairly easily. Anyhow the video is in the image below.View attachment 110478
Can’t see it?

For what it’s worth and I can’t help re the repair but I always take hold of the landing gear on descent and shut down the power. I saw this from a tutorial on Youtube. Happy flying

If you not very precise in landing then is better to let do that the Phantom. Usually it make it well, needs only flat ground. Or hand catching if the landing ground is not proper. But do it with all necessary precautions.

That little IC board in the leg is the compass. They put it out there to get it away from the mass of metals and electronics inside the shell. That brass object showing in the first picture between the body shell and the landing leg is a pressed in insert in the leg. It has been pulled out of place by force applied to the leg in a hard landing. You need to replace the landing legs. There could be other damage inside the shell, such as to the gimbal mount to the anti-vibration plate.

That little IC board in the leg is the compass. They put it out there to get it away from the mass of metals and electronics inside the shell. That brass object showing in the first picture between the body shell and the landing leg is a pressed in insert in the leg. It has been pulled out of place by force applied to the leg in a hard landing. You need to replace the landing legs. There could be other damage inside the shell, such as to the gimbal mount to the anti-vibration plate.

Thanks for that, we saw YouTube vid explaining how to take apart most comprehensive.
It mentioned what you said in graphic detail?
We have purchased p4 bottom en legs and will take existing apart and replace ?
Will up this to all?
Many fanks for your support Andy

Reactions: iDark0de

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1