P4 and P4P Batteries- interchangeable?

Reaction score
I have a P4 and am thinking about adding P4P to the fleet (along with my Mavic that finally arrives tomorrow!). Question: are the P4 and P4P Batteries interchangeable? I realize the P4P Batteries have higher capacity, but it looks like the same form factor. I have 6 P4 Batteries and it would be nice if they are workable in the P4P, even with shorter flight times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's good that DJI maintained the compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: SCGENE
Are they interchangeable in both directions? Can you use higher capacity P4P batteries in the P4?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Heard if you put your P4 batts in a P4 pro it will want to update battery firmware though, so not entirely sure what happens when you put them back in the P4? Anyone done this?

I have put my P4 batts in my P4Pro without event. I did not see anything asking me to update battery firmware. It just worked.

So, anybody out there running a P4P battery in the P4 see any noticeable improvement in flight time with the extra 520mah?

So, anybody out there running a P4P battery in the P4 see any noticeable improvement in flight time with the extra 520mah?
No success yet. I've flown only one flight with the 5870 battery. I got 16min airtime with 13% left over upon landing, but I was flying in 20-25mph winds, pretty brutal conditions. Maybe today I can fly in calm conditions and give it a fair test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers