P4 Advanced Camera. Have no real horizontal stabilization....

Reaction score
Most Favored,

I own/operate two P4P's and this Advanced, so I kind of know when things are not right.

I have very little side to side stabilization, like it's "lazy" and lots of "wiggle" for lack of better descriptions. I do get a "Gimbal Overload" error from time to time but quickly clears.

When turned on, it does sync up and stabilize. Unlike other left to right back and forth issues that start from the beginning, everything looks normal at power up.

I know I have a problem and the gimbal probably needs to be replaced. Am I thinking right here? Does the camera and gimbal replace as an assembly?

For you that know the path I'm going down... I think you catch my drift. Looking at the videos online, this seems not to be to much of a issue to replace the whole assy.

Thanks for the time,

Mike

Last edited:
Well I think the gimbal overload error tells you right there that something is wrong. If you're not finding anything binding or restricting motion then it seems that you have some sort of gimbal issue. You could try disassembling the gimbal, blowing it out, and perhaps even replacing the ribbon cable.
I haven't seen the gimbal sold separately from the camera, even though the two do come apart. Replacing the entire camera/gimbal assembly is super simple if you can find one at a good price.

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for the time. I think I will leave this to the pros. I'm going to ATK in Salt Lake.

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for the time. I think I will leave this to the pros. I'm going to ATK in Salt Lake.

OK great. Let us know what ends up happening please.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl