P3S warm up issue

Reaction score
I recently got a P3 S and it seems like it takes a little longer to get through the warm up process each time I get ready to fly? Any guesses on why? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks guys, so it's advisable to calibrate the Imu even though it says it isn't needed?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
My P4 goes through the IMU warming up process ( not calibration) each flight and it only takes a couple of minutes. You don't need to calibrate the IMU unless you are prompted or are having issues with stability.

Reactions: Pharm
Cold weather slows mine down.

When we do an IMU calibration, the IMU is literally warmed up and calibration parameters collected across a certain temperature range. If you power up the P3 at temperatures below the calibrated range, you have to wait for the IMU to be warmed up. Check this video:

Last edited:
Therefore if you calibrate your IMU when your aircraft is cold it's going to take less time to warm up.

Reactions: Pharm
My P4 goes through the IMU warming up process ( not calibration) each flight and it only takes a couple of minutes. You don't need to calibrate the IMU unless you are prompted or are having issues with stability.
Or it's taking too long to warm up. It's the IMU that's warming and causing the delay.

Like most things in life, patience is a virtue that was written with drones in mind. Just like the 5Ps that we use at work.
Yes, but on the subject of the IMU. If you live where there are seasons, and the temps swing. And you had done a calibration back in the summer when temps where higher, and now with lower temps it takes a much longer time for the warm up. You can fix this by doing the calibration in these lower temps, so the next time out that time is reduced. If it's cold out, who wants to wait when you could be flying.

Reactions: bigshoe83

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94