P3S Video Jitters....

Reaction score
I have been flying a 16+ minute mission over farm fields throughout this summer but today I flew the mission twice and something unusual happened during each missions. While flying from WP 2 to WP 3 the video begins to jitter during both missions. The jitters are still present after leaving WP3 but only minor. By the time the drone reaches WP4 the video is rock solid.

Below, I embedded a one minute excerpt of the one of the mission just to show this weird behavior. The other video parts of the mission are fine. Today was about 12-14 times that I have flown this mission and any other times there was never a problem. As for the weather, slight wind but hardly enough to turn the turbines in the farm fields. I have flown this same mission under much stronger winds

Could be a prop out of balance. I got a free app to detect vibrations. I touch my phone to the motor base and see what the numbers are. Switching out props also help the numbers get better or worse. It is one way to find a vibration. That way you can work to have a smoother video.

Could be a prop out of balance. I got a free app to detect vibrations. I touch my phone to the motor base and see what the numbers are. Switching out props also help the numbers get better or worse. It is one way to find a vibration. That way you can work to have a smoother video.
In this case, I would think the jitters would be present throughout the entire 16 minute video not just 1 minute at the exact same location for both videos. I'd more inclined to suspect wind but as I stated earlier the winds were very low at ground level. The drone altitude throughout this mission is 40 meters. Not sure if that would be high enough to make the difference between low and high (gusty) winds.

Below is a link of the flightlog of the mission

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:
In this case, I would think the jitters would be present throughout the entire 16 minute video not just 1 minute at the exact same location for both videos.

The props rotate with different rpm while the drone moves in one direction, looks like one is really out
of balance and starts to jitter at ecsactly this situation, have you tried to change just the prop positions
and fly the same mission?

The props rotate with different rpm while the drone moves in one direction, looks like one is really out
of balance and starts to jitter at ecsactly this situation, have you tried to change just the prop positions
and fly the same mission?

Are you getting this out of the log I posted above? If so, which columns/fields are you looking at.
Not sure what you mean by "change just the prop positions"

In any case, I have a prop balancer and will check out each prop.

Not sure what you mean by "change just the prop positions"

In any case, I have a prop balancer and will check out each prop.

as an example, just change the black props: black prop 1 mounted on engine 1, mount this prop now on the opposite engine where black prop 2 was mounted.
Fly the same missions, if the jitter happens on the same position, then do the same thing with the silver props.
But maybe the jitter is gone, or starts on a different waypoint, at least you then know wich prop is making problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1