P3S range...

Reaction score
So I just got my P3S back. I was flying a few weeks back and it just disconnected and fell out of the sky. Screen went black and white, I have no clue how or why but it did. Broke the camera off, battery was dented up, and parts were rattling around inside. Anyway, I went through the procedure to send it back to DJI with pictures, explanation, ect. and it was fixed free of charge. I'm back up in the air, and would like some more range. What is a good reliable extender? I've looked at the itelite mod on dbsmods website, thoughts? Any input would be appreciated.

dbs mod is the best only way to go I have argtek also and dbs mod there is no comparison dbs blows away argtek

Reactions: captainmilehigh
+1 on the DBS for the Standard. Dont waste your money on the ARGTEK, i used one time then took it off and put the DBS panel on. You can add amps too when your ready for more!! And when thats not enough you can get a stronger 5.8 panel and pair it with the Maxxrange or Terminator....then boost that!!!! And when its still not enough you can go for the Terminator Extreme (add 5.8 panel)...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the DBS and have gone over two miles. I get about 2500 feet on a good day from my house. If you get the DBS antenna be very careful with the installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WilliamM
So I just got my P3S back. I was flying a few weeks back and it just disconnected and fell out of the sky. Screen went black and white, I have no clue how or why but it did. Broke the camera off, battery was dented up, and parts were rattling around inside. Anyway, I went through the procedure to send it back to DJI with pictures, explanation, ect. and it was fixed free of charge. I'm back up in the air, and would like some more range. What is a good reliable extender? I've looked at the itelite mod on dbsmods website, thoughts? Any input would be appreciated.

Wow, you got some quick answers there.
Welcome to the forum!
I tried the DIY Windsurfer which is just your remote TX signal. Worked good.
I always run out of battery power due to wind, just running stock.
:eek:

Rod

I have the DBS and have gone over two miles. I get about 2500 feet on a good day from my house. If you get the DBS antenna be very careful with the installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on the DBS mod, haven't got one yet but it's on my wish list after much reading. Have that concern myself on the install, being careful and not screwing anything up, like breaking a connection on the board.

While DBS its really a better DIRECTIONAL antenna , ARGtek its not that bad for the price. I have both and if you are looking for 2 or 3 KM in range there is no reason to waste your money, ARGtek will work just fine.

BUT if you have the extra bucks go right ahead and buy the DBS.

Cheers and welcome mate.

+1 on the DBS also. Much better than stock. But @Valkster is correct. Take your time with installation, especially taking off and putting on the little wire clip thingy's. (Senior moment.....I can't think of what they are called to save my butt..!, somebody fill in the blank for me [emoji31])

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the quick responses. I am a little hesitant to do any physical modifications, but sounds like its worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses. I am a little hesitant to do any physical modifications, but sounds like its worth it.
it isn't hard to due the mod just take your time its pretty easy

While DBS its really a better DIRECTIONAL antenna , ARGtek its not that bad for the price. I have both and if you are looking for 2 or 3 KM in range there is no reason to waste your money, ARGtek will work just fine.

BUT if you have the extra bucks go right ahead and buy the DBS.

Cheers and welcome mate.
dbs mod is only 30 dollars more than argtek so its no brainer go for dbs mod

+1 on the DBS mod, haven't got one yet but it's on my wish list after much reading. Have that concern myself on the install, being careful and not screwing anything up, like breaking a connection on the board.

When I did mine I broke one of the connectors on the video side.
+1 on the DBS also. Much better than stock. But @Valkster is correct. Take your time with installation, especially taking off and putting on the little wire clip thingy's. (Senior moment.....I can't think of what they are called to save my butt..!, somebody fill in the blank for me
emoji31.png
)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

U.fl, I broke one off also but I bought a new one and found someone to re-solder it for me.

Attachments

• U.fl.jpg
    U.fl.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 312
Dbs mod all day. That thing is sweet. I got 2.2 miles over water the other day. Just be careful when you install it. I messed up when installing it by chipping off a gold shield. Sent it back to dji for repair and they were gonna charge me $100 for the repair which is the same price as a new rc.

You need full concentration to install argtek or dbs antenna because they both have to unplug the stock antenna and change the cables. This one below my P3 4K.
20160729_013712.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4