P3s no video feed

Reaction score
getting telemetry data and sd card works but I am not getting video any ideas?? flex cable didn't work, tried relinking and other simple things

getting telemetry data and sd card works but I am not getting video any ideas?? flex cable didn't work, tried relinking and other simple things
Flex cable? The P3S video feed is via WiFi. Or are you saying you gave the ribbon cable on the drone a nudge looking for bad connection?

Have you tied re-installing the app?

Reactions: giorgimonk
Flex cable? The P3S video feed is via WiFi. Or are you saying you gave the ribbon cable on the drone a nudge looking for bad connection?

Have you tied re-installing the app?
Sorry it's ribbon cable, not flex cable yeah re-installing the app didn't help I think there is something wrong but I am not sure what exactly can be causing this problem maybe something on camera board

Sorry it's ribbon cable, not flex cable yeah re-installing the app didn't help I think there is something wrong but I am not sure what exactly can be causing this problem maybe something on camera board
A simple search of this site plus the DJI site will deliver a mountain of similar posts. Most of the time the issue gets traced back to the ribbon cable.

You said you're seeing other data. How about the camera settings menu? If so, check your shutter speed. It may be set so high the camera is not getting any light. If, however, it's set to auto and still no picture, I would suspect the cable.

A simple search of this site plus the DJI site will deliver a mountain of similar posts. Most of the time the issue gets traced back to the ribbon cable.

You said you're seeing other data. How about the camera settings menu? If so, check your shutter speed. It may be set so high the camera is not getting any light. If, however, it's set to auto and still no picture, I would suspect the cable.
Yes but I already replaced it twice, tried to update firmware today and it gets stuck at 0℅ update failed. I can change settings and record video but it doesn't help so I'm thinking that it's a hardware problem clearly something very unusual

Yes but I already replaced it twice, tried to update firmware today and it gets stuck at 0℅ update failed. I can change settings and record video but it doesn't help so I'm thinking that it's a hardware problem clearly something very unusual
What firmware version do you have? 01.09.0200 is the latest.

After all the ribbon cable replacements, and reinstalling apps, did you do an IMU calibration after any major repairs/installs? Sometimes that will help.

Plus, Standards, (mine anyway) are notorious for having trouble installing new firmware from a mini SD card if the card has not been formatted before loading on the new firmware onto the card.......if that makes sense.

When I downgraded from 1.6.08 back to 1.5.07 I had to use new mini SD cards for each downgrade to have it complete at 100% after formatting.

Just suggesting here from my experience with the P3S.

Last edited:
After all the ribbon cable replacements, and reinstalling apps, did you do an IMR calibration after any major repairs/installs? Sometimes that will help.

Plus, Standards, (mine anyway) are notorious for having trouble installing new firmware from a mini SD card if the card has not been formatted before loading on the new firmware onto the card.......if that makes sense.

When I downgraded from 1.6.08 back to 1.5.07 I had to use new mini SD cards for each downgrade to have it complete at 100% after formatting.

Just suggesting here from my experience with the P3S.
Finally got it updated but still, no video feed DJI go says no transmission signal, IMU calibration didn't help. unusual thing is that I'm still getting the telemetry data gimbal works even recorded some videos and pictures but not video feed.

I was researching this on the DJI Forum site also. Some have solved the issue with changing the SD card, and some have had the issue return.

I'll keep looking and post back here if I find anything else that 'may' work. So far I haven't found a definitive fix.

I was researching this on the DJI Forum site also. Some have solved the issue with changing the SD card, and some have had the issue return.

I'll keep looking and post back here if I find anything else that 'may' work. So far I haven't found a definitive fix.
thank you, I guess it's gimbal mainboard or video encoder board but I am not sure I'm going to downgrade it now

Ok. It really doesn't make sense. Having the SD card installed or not shouldn't be a factor in the video feed, other than not being able to record pics and video without it.

What device are you using? Some have compatibility issues.

As for downgrading.....if it flies ok (other than the video feed) I think I'd maybe wait a bit on the downgrade. Might be asking for issues.

Ok. It really doesn't make sense. Having the SD card installed or not shouldn't be a factor in the video feed, other than not being able to record pics and video without it.

What device are you using? Some have compatibility issues.

As for downgrading.....if it flies ok (other than the video feed) I think I'd maybe wait a bit on the downgrade. Might be asking for issues.
iPhone 11, 7 plus and LG v40

The iPhone 11 and the LG v40 aren't listed in the phantomhelp guide to compatible devices, so maybe others can chime in and offer their views if they are using either of the two not listed yet.

I'd guess that you've tried all three with the GoApp installed with no joy?

The iPhone 11 and the LG v40 aren't listed in the phantomhelp guide to compatible devices, so maybe others can chime in and offer their views if they are using either of the two not listed yet.

I'd guess that you've tried all three with the GoApp installed with no joy?
Yeah I use both devices with my other phantoms

Finally got it updated but still, no video feed DJI go says no transmission signal, IMU calibration didn't help. unusual thing is that I'm still getting the telemetry data gimbal works even recorded some videos and pictures but not video feed.
u got lucky doing a fw update when u already have a problem since a fw update can make an even bigger problem.
imu cal is not supposed to help with a no video problem so no surprise there.
afaik telemetry is a different signal than the video so maybe also no suprise there.
i read here many times that dji does not update the approved list often. ur devices are not a prob.
i also read here that sometimes no sd card or a different sd card helps.

I can change settings and record video
r u able to see the video u record? i read here that sometimes peoepl have settings so dark they think there is no video when there is video just dark.

r u able to see the video u record? i read here that sometimes peoepl have settings so dark they think there is no video when there is video just dark.
Yes I can see the recorded videos. Iso is set to auto

u got lucky doing a fw update when u already have a problem since a fw update can make an even bigger problem.
imu cal is not supposed to help with a no video problem so no surprise there.
afaik telemetry is a different signal than the video so maybe also no suprise there.
I read here many times that DJI does not update the approved list often. ur devices are not a prob.
I also read here that sometimes no sd card or a different sd card helps.
I couldn't update it using remote and my device had to do it using computer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31