P3S max wind speed

Reaction score
what max wind speed you tried to fly with P3S? I've tried at 12-13m/s and after taking off above 180 meters it seems it could not hold position (probably winds were stronger there), started to drift into the sea. bringing it lower helped to resume control. what max wind speed P3S can withstand in gps mode?

iv had mine flying in 18mph gusts with gps
here in scotland and she handled it good
iv had my fc40 in 22mph in atti and it
was shaky video at best so the p3 is
impressive :)

I thought these phantoms couldn't take more
than 20mph max? am sure I read that somewhere? oft! now am intrested to find out what kind of beating this thing can take lol

Max speed is ~16-17m/s so that's what they can handle, but you can only travel one direction, and then never return home =/
But in theory, Max speed is what it can handle.

So around 30-35 MPH.. but I would say that half of that is the actual Max.. and remember that Max up wind speed could be between 0-10mph in 25mph winds with gusts.

When testing this just make sure your first leg is upwind and tell us how it goes.

I was flying off a beach on Cape Cod, MA over Labor Day weekend (Sept 5th to be exact) with wind gusts up to 25 mph and was OK for most of my flight. The wind direction was facing down-beach and inland so i wasn't worried about being swept out to sea. My P3P battled the wind excellently, it was awesome to watch. I quit my flight when the wind got worse and took my bird a couple hundred feet down wind. I wouldn't recommend flying in anything with gusts around 20/25 mph.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl