P3S low distance - with argtec nearly 500m

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I read many posts about P3S distance, boosters etc. but I am really disappointed with my distance.

I am in CE mod, so I know this is lower output, but with stock antena maximum flight distance was about 250-280m.
I ordered Argtek mod, installed it and I expected at least 1km but it was only 500m.
Is there someone from Europe who have Argtek and his distance is better?
I have read many posts where people said they have 2,5km - 4km so I have no idea why I have only 500m :(

Video feed is good, I lost only rc signal and then kick it RTH.

Do you have any idea what is wrong?

Sorry for my English and thanks for any advice.

nwcove - thanks, I will try flight higher today.

epicdoom - Magic Power is for increase 2.4g - video, I never loose my video feed, only 5.8g rc signal.

Reactions: epicdoom
nwcove - thanks, I will try flight higher today.

epicdoom - Magic Power is for increase 2.4g - video, I never loose my video feed, only 5.8g rc signal.
ahh gotcha most folks loose wifi first I definitely do. after you try what nwcove said also make sure your pointing directly at the drone with the antennas my argtek will not let me get any distance unless I'm pointed right at my drone. Not sure what antenna set you got with yours I got 3 panels and 3 long antennas I use the 2 panels for 2.4Ghz and a long on for the Control I do however get more distance from the 5.8 panel, but like I said I have to be nearly precise in pointing at the drone. if nothing seems to be doing the job pull your controller apart and make sure all connections are good and nothing got pinched during reassembly. Lastly there is a known issue with some of the argteks where the center pin on the connectors doesn't stick up far enough to make a good connection here is a picture of my DBS connectors which are the same as the Argteks you want to see the center pin as high as the rim like my picture shows it can be a tad higher, but you don't want it lover. you can run the tip of your finger across the top you should feel the pin as you near it. if your pin isn't atleast even you can carefully file away a little of the rim till it is just don't file so far your into the threads. hope you get it sorted out.
20170913_213640.jpg

try the magic power mod, like epicdoom said. and i have just done it a few weeks ago with a cheap laptop instead of my better laptop just to show that it can be done fast and clean with no need of programming knowledge

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj