P3S Intermittent Range Issue

Reaction score
Got a Phantom 3 Standard. Took a hard landing, off the back of a car. Broke the yaw arm and tore up the ribbon cable. Replaced the arm and cable. Now I have range issues. I get a different range every time I fly. Sometimes 300', but been as far as 1300'. I downgraded the firmware from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7, and that didn't seem to help at all. Any suggestions as to what could be causing the RC signal loss?

Wiring can break inside and not be visible too. I'd open and check antenna wiring with drone/controller on and away from each other, wigglw antenna wiring and see if signal is intermittant when doing that.

Got a Phantom 3 Standard. Took a hard landing, off the back of a car. Broke the yaw arm and tore up the ribbon cable. Replaced the arm and cable. Now I have range issues. I get a different range every time I fly. Sometimes 300', but been as far as 1300'. I downgraded the firmware from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7, and that didn't seem to help at all. Any suggestions as to what could be causing the RC signal loss?
Welcome to the forum!
To be clear, loosing remote control signal and RTH activates?
About how high are flying?

Rod

Welcome to the forum!
To be clear, loosing remote control signal and RTH activates?
About how high are flying?

Rod
Yes, "RC Signal Lost, RTH Activated". It's a steady 132' up, however the distance is variable. Then yesterday it began flashing "Magnetic Field Interfere". Never done that before. Flying in a pasture with nothing magnetic around, and nothing to interfere. In the same place, have flown a separate Phantom 3 Standard over 800' up, and over 2500' out.

I've tried different remotes, several different firmware versions, range extenders, and third party controller. Got fed up and just put it on the shelf for a while. Beginning to wonder if the crash damaged the internal of a component which can't be seen, only replaced. That, i.e sending it back to DJI for them to fix.

I'm positive that doing the firmware update killed my signals, It happen to me twice. When the post came out about the chip being fried that totally made sense to me. It wasn't actually the firmware, it was the remote and Phantom to close together for to long and or probably a poor design, flaw with the chip.

As many posts I have read there has been a lot of P3S that this suddenly happens to. I do focus on P3S when I see a signal problem and it needs to be the remote signal to the Phantom.

I'm the only one that has ever posted what was repaired.
Terrible signal performance

I was also the first to post this problem.
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

When I bought the P3S, it had only out about a week, the only place you could buy it was DJI.

I bought it in August, planning on searching for my lost P2V+. When this happen, I went back and look at flight logs, and discovered the time frame of the problem. I was pissed.

I finally got to use the P3S once to in October to look for the lost Phantom. I got one flight and it started raining. Once it snows it is June before you can back unless you have a snow machine.

Memorial day is always to early.

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers