P3S "Home point not recorded"

Regarding the original question:
- turn RC on, put your iPhone in Airplane mode, turn WiFi back on, connect to RC, close all apps and start DJI GO. Turn the phone volume all the way up. I'm suggesting this to make sure there are no other apps "competing" for iPhone resources.
- turn on the AC and wait until GO tells you that it's Safe to Fly (GPS).
- start the motors.
- check whether Home Point was actually recorded by looking at the map: since you fly with a GPS-enabled device, you should see 3 icons overlapping, the blue dot - if I recall correctly - which is your (iPhone) current position, the green "H" of the Home Point, and the red arrow of the AC.
- I don't have evidence, but my feeling is that the Home Point voice confirmation does not play all the times.
- your comment "because the app says compass is stuck" worries me, as that's NOT normal. You should not be required to do compass calibration every time you fly. Quite the contrary, many people - including me - leave the compass alone unless flying hundreds of miles away from previous location. Long stretch, but maybe this compass issue is related to the Home Point problem...

Regarding the parallel discussion about compass calibration:
- if I read @msinger comments correctly, he is saying that it's very difficult to do a successful calibration in a place with magnetic interference. Many errors that in the past were attributed to "bad compass calibration" were in reality caused by people flying the AC (with a perfectly calibrated compass) in places with magnetic interference.

Reactions: RodPad
Many times I can recall I never got the voice home point recorded message, I might have posted this in the past.
I have posted in the past of viewing other peoples flight logs, not seeing a home point recorded, but they have always been on mine.

I just recalled on another thread somebody asking about is a new home point recorded on a startup or motor start up, and it was motor start up.

I will look. :)

Rod

Reactions: epicdoom
Many times I can recall I never got the voice home point recorded message, I might have posted this in the past.
I have posted in the past of viewing other peoples flight logs, not seeing a home point recorded, but they have always been on mine.

I just recalled on another thread somebody asking about is a new home point recorded on a startup or motor start up, and it was motor start up.

I will look. :)

Rod
mine has always said home point has been updated check it on the map, but not until I start the motors. I go into the app and manually set it again. I'm **** about making sure stuff does what it should and I realize setting manually probably isn't needed, but I cant help doing it just to be safe.

Every time I calibrated the compass I got the magnetic interference warning. Drove me crazy. I even switched out my belt to a plastic buckle. Still got the warning. I almost gave up and decided to just ignore it. Then I needed to cut something and reached into my pocket for the knife I always carry (CKRT) and the lightbulb went on ..... duh ! I had magnetized the knife because when I am contracting in the middle east we use them for everything including small screws. Nothing like dropping one in the desert sand. I put the knife in my go kit instead of my pocket and the warning has not shown up since.

On my standard, If I fly from the same spot every day. I just get the recording, ready to fly. If I move to a different area, then I get home point has been set notification,

On my standard, If I fly from the same spot every day. I just get the recording, ready to fly. If I move to a different area, then I get home point has been set notification,
I usually fly right from my from walkway, it always tells me the home point has been updated.. its crazy how so many of the same drone model will do different things. I can understand flight characteristics as no two would be put together exactly the same probably none of the motors match up perfectly props are rarely the exact same weight and balance. even the electronics can be different even though they have the same components. But the software that runs everything should be exactly the same do the same thing drone to drone precisely yet it doesn't and this is the same for tons of products that rely on software to run the item

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing