P3S Gimbal Sticking

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Long time reader first time poster here from the UK.

So just got myself a P3S second hand. Everything works as should and I'm very happy with it. However I have one small issue that every now and again, the up / down axis on the gimble freezes up and won't move.

When I land it, it feels physically stuck, as if some dust or grit has got in. When I move the gimbal with my fingers, it frees off and starts working again.

Can I lube the the mechanism or take it apart for a clean?

Cheers

Andy W

It sounds as if a bearing has gone within the mechanism do you know if the previous owner would have flown it in places that had sand or dust?

It sounds as if a bearing has gone within the mechanism do you know if the previous owner would have flown it in places that had sand or dust?
No I don't. I know it didn't see a lot of action. Batteries were only charged 8 time before I got it. So it ca t have done that much.

the left stick will lock in the full down position until you free it. You did say in the up position though.

Ooofda! Sorry. Not enough coffee. Dust, or grit as stated above. Maybe. Or bearing. I had to replce motors on my P34K secondary to grit in motor. Unusual, but....

No I don't. I know it didn't see a lot of action. Batteries were only charged 8 time before I got it. So it ca t have done that much.

It’s probably the motor bearings then, I’d say just keep an eye on it if it’s not interrupting the image and can be controlled normally while in the air it should be fine if it was to get worse get them replaced

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94