P3S + FPV VR Goggles ?

Reaction score
Got my P3S few days ago (a Black Friday deal I could not pass up), but now I'm exploring taking this to the next level. By this, I mean VR goggles with FPV, so I see what the drone's camera sees. I know DJI makes HDMI add-on modules for the P3A/P3P controllers but, can a solution be modded for the P3S controller?

I mean, the video stream is available on the tablet anyway so, how about some sort of video output from the tablet, that feeds to the goggles?

Anyone has given this some thought?
Also, any reason why this should not work?

Thanks,
JB

One more point. Apple makes a lightning to HDMI cable so you can see what's on the tablet on your big screen TV. Thus, in principle, all one needs is a pair of goggles with HDMI input. Of course other features such as head tracking and the like are not available here.

When I fly my standard in fpv vr I use the litchi app and vr goggles and use a phone, you can get really good quality fpv vr for around $40 like that (litchi app and goggles) and with head tracking in the app you can tilt the camera and turn the bitd just by moving your head (phone must have a gyroscope) it's a load of fun lol as far as far as your question about whether dji has an HDMI module for the standard I don't know that I'm sorry. If your tab has HDMI out on it that may work if your wanting to use HDMI goggles but I'm not sure if you can get head tracking that way. Wish I knew more or an answer to your question, happy flying :)

Reactions: Brayan2134
Usually what I would do Is get my google cardboard and download litchi. It's a 29.99$ app in google play/App Store that doesn't allow some cool features like 32 channel wifi connection, and yes, vr. The cost of this is like 40$ for vr. Not expensive at all for being in the cockpit right?

Reactions: Pharm
Do as the other guys suggested, get the Litchi app £20 and a cheap VR headset that holds phones (such as Google Cardboard)

Using Litchi you can turn the aircraft with your head movements and tilt the camera up/down..

Reactions: Brayan2134

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers