P3s fpv goggles !!

Reaction score
Just wondering if it’s possible to run fpv goggles with phantom 3 standard and if so which is the cheapest and best ones !
e2e8417c90619567cdb28e440fac8af8.jpg

These will not work with the P3S. The P3S uses 2.4G for video and 5.8 for signal. These headsets are designed for the DIY builders and racers

The only way I know of getting FPV with a P3S is by way of an HDMI output from your phone or tablet. You would connect that to a set of goggles with compatible HDMI input. I have an NVIDIA K1 with HDMI out and was considering goggles, but decided not to go there. I did not wish to lose any situational awareness and the ability to actually see the drone.

The Litchi app also has a FPV/VR option you can deploy. From there just get yourself a headset to hold your phone. There are a variety of styles and price points available.

As Larbear360 stated, Litchi offers this with a vr headset holding your phone. I personally didn't like it, but others love it. Vr on Litchi has to be initiated once the ac is in the air. Awkward to do alone and no peripheral vision at all. I didnt last long. A spotter is a must unless in a wide open area with no trees etc.

Reactions: LarBear360
1, As above via Litchi or

2. via a DIY Headset with phone inserted. But with this setup - you'd have to start video then insert into headset / don and use RC for all commands ... Launch / RTH / Landing etc.
You would not be able to use screen touch commands.

To be honest - FPV with a Phantom is very risky - the lag on video is far greater than even the budget FPV machines. DJI have not designed the P series for FPV, primary design is photographic platform and relay of camera view ...
Even the Lightbridge equipped Adv / Pro are not that good for real FPV ....

Nigel

Nigel nailed it here. This series is for photography and video.

If you want real FPV, there are several options other than DJI. But if you want to stick with DJI, I would suggest looking into a Mavick and the DJI goggles. Pretty expensive option, plus the goggles are really only supposed to be worn by an observer, not the pilot!

I use the Litchi app on a Pixel XL phone. I use my Daydream VR goggles. I don't fly around too much with them on but I do like "parking" my P3S and have a look around.

Epsom move rio vr glasses are clear allowing l.o.s.

I have been trying to find HUD glasses for ages but when I saw the VR glasses - thought ... hey quest is over !...

Its the only way I can see P3 being 'safe' with FPV ... because true FPV is a disaster with DJI ... you need to fallback to LoS to be safe.

Then I saw the price ... and then I read reviews ... my money stays well and truly in pocket !! I understand paying for a Name Brand .... but come on guys !!

I can buy a full Quad and proper top-end FPV setup for less money !!

Nigel

The price is insane, plus I saw an actual video of what it looks like through the glasses. Granted this was not the same as wearing them but there was way too much going visually on for my brain to process. Not for me.

*sees pic
98 inch screen?!? Seems like a lot to mount to glasses...

How about an app called CAVU, it's got a 5 min trial version (otherwise 11.99). You can have a screen in the corner for external view while still looking in FPV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers