P3S dropped out of the sky

Reaction score
last week my P3S was 5mins into a flight when without warning it fell out of the sky. (thankfully missing the water by metres)

I reviewed the logs with an experienced flyer, 46% battery, drone was 15 meters away, 17 meters up, no warnings, I was going up at 78%, which is what the logs show (so only one stick movement), went to take a pic, no image, no drone, it had fallen out of the sky.

I noted the (post flight) that the video I took was a bit jumpy, suggesting something was wrong but it was not noticeable at the time when I was flying - only post flight. the genuine props were relatively new (5 flights). original battery.

approx 2 weeks prior to this flight there had been a firmware update, which i attempted to upload but if failed at 97% on 2 occasions. I had flown at least 10 times post the attempted firmware update but they do not produce any error warnings.

whilst the reasons for the crash are not apparent, I'm now seeking a warranty claim via the reseller who need DJI to review the logs and confirm that it is a valid warranty claim and the product failed. However DJI are asking me to send the drone to a local repairer for analysis and report, is that the normal process or can DJI view the logs without sending the drone to an officially repairer

What has been the experience of flyers on this forum of seeking progressing a warranty claim via DJI ?
thanks

can DJI view the logs without sending the drone to an officially repairer
DJI can't see the logs unless you send them to DJI.
There are two logs
1. The flight record in your app which you can upload (click the cloud icon) to DJI
2. The more detailed log in the internal memory of your Phantom.
For DJI to see this, you can download it (if the Phantom works enough to let you) and put it on your dropbox account (it's big) and send a link ... or you send the Phantom to DJI.

thanks, I had uploaded the logs as per step 1 prior to contacting DJI and notified that i had completed that step and also provided them with my user name. they don't appear (unless I'm missing something) to want to review the logs from their end, rather just send it to a local repairer.
I have emailed them twice for clarification and pointing out that this is a warranty claim but I'm not clear on what is the correct process to manage that warranty claim (I have engaged the reseller who pointed me back to DJI - which I understand)
is there something else I could do to ensure a smooth process?
thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic