P3S critical voltage error

Reaction score
I took my drone out for a flight of about 5 minutes. Everything seemed normal. Then, about 2 hours later, went to fly it again and as soon as it got about 800 feet or so away, i got a critical voltage message and the drone went into landing mode. I couldn't over ride it at all and it came down in a tree breaking 2 props then fell to the ground breaking the camera off the gimbal. I had just done a firmware update on my android tablet prior to takeoff. Has anyone else experienced this? DJI GO app says 3.1.11 version 1.9.20

Yes, what was the starting battery level, and what was the air temperature?

Upload your flight log from your android here. it will be a .txt file
DJI Flight Log Viewer

Then post the result url back here.

Oh, BTW that relay sucks, been there. :( ;)

Rod

i didn't think i need to recharge a battery that was showing 3 green... Air temp was around 45* i use a nexus 7 to fly and when i connect it to my pc, it always says folder empty...don't know why

Last edited:
As a rule of thumb, yes, you do.
Also try to keep the battery above 15C - inside coat pocket - or hover close by at low altitude until the batt temp shows >15C.

Always try to start with a full pack - battery indicators are not like fuel gauges - it's an estimate (fairly accurate) - but the battery's ability to deliver volts under load is reduced in cold temps.

i didn't think i need to recharge a battery that was showing 3 green... Air temp was around 45* i use a nexus 7 to fly and when i connect it to my pc, it always says folder empty...don't know why
Launching with a partially discharged battery is asking for trouble.
The % indication is false when you are using a battery that wasn't full to start with. Voltage is what's important.
If we can see the flight data, that will show you what battery voltage was during the flight.

Your flight records should be in:
Internal Storage/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord
They are all txt files and the file name includes the date.

Hey Paul. Where will I find the batt temp >15c info?
Thanks too...

Got it.. Did it.. perfect. Thank you..That'll help here with the temps being what they are..

Reactions: PaulSouthport
@DroningInNC
Did you get the info, should look like this...

Screenshot-2017-12-27 DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp com.jpg

Upload your flight before it or a longer one to compare for yourself.

Rod

i looked at the previous flight and nothing seems out of the ordinary except a message about battery temp early in the flight that i must have missed...but the voltage is almost 15v at the end of the flight

I have had the "Propulsion output is limited to ensure the health of the battery." message on cold and windy days.

I had started using Litchi a lot for way point missions, and was afraid this might happen flying at max speed at 30 mph on a mission flight and it would never make it back because a battery slowing down to protect itself.

I guess it hasn't.

Rod

this is the first time ANYTHING odd like this has happened...been flying it for almost 2 years now...only thing i can think of is it was from the temperature...do you think they will fix it or are they going to put the blame on pilot error? If not, I reckon it's time to upgrade to the P3P since i already have 4 batteries and everything i got is for the P3 series. Wife won't be too happy tho lol

Right now I have 4 batteries and I top the first one off before flight, then start the next one if I going to fly again soon.
I plug the battery in the charger if it doesn't turn on, I press the battery on like its in the Phantom. I usually get 98-100% in the log at take off.
Takes about 1/2 hr to top off on what appears to be a fully charged battery.

Two times I have had a crash because of battery quitting, both times was caused by wind consumption. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: DroningInNC
I doubt it, did you have more than a 1 year warranty?

Ignoring warnings in your flight, not much to stand on.

If you send it in they will look at the log in the black box SD card on the Phantom.

Rod

Reactions: Oso
i broke 2 propellers when it tried to land in a tree (I'm assuming) then when it hit the ground, the camera snapped completely off. over $200 to replace it with new camera but i don't know if it has internal damage from the fall

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl