P3S and mission hub

Reaction score
Hello

I'm new with the Phantom P3S. I have been using Litchi and love it! I am curious what the mission distance out is, is it limited to battery? I have flown small missions, but wish to try a longer one, if the AC gets out of range does the RTH takeover and cut the mission or will the loaded mission run in full?

Thanks
Ron

In answer to your first question, distance is limited to battery. Do not count on the "calculated" mission times to be accurate. Always give yourself plenty of leeway for battery power to be able to return home. In answer to your second question. Loss of signal will have no effect on the mission. It will complete as programmed ASSUMING, you have remaining battery power to complete it. As a rule of thumb that I and many others use. Set either your first or last waypoint close to you.

Reactions: LarBear360
In answer to your first question, distance is limited to battery. Do not count on the "calculated" mission times to be accurate. Always give yourself plenty of leeway for battery power to be able to return home. In answer to your second question. Loss of signal will have no effect on the mission. It will complete as programmed ASSUMING, you have remaining battery power to complete it. As a rule of thumb that I and many others use. Set either your first or last waypoint close to you.

Rtrs

@cpudos6
Welcome to the forum!

I to I'm a Litchi user and learner and I encourage Litchi threads be posted in this section: Control (Go, Litchi, etc..) ,since Litchi operates on all Phantoms. You can add that forum as a watched folder, for anything new, etc.

Be very careful on long missions, wind is one of the enemies on calculating your battery time. Last Sunday I had the itchi to rerun a mission, it was windy, thought most likely I would have a head wind on the first half of the mission at the cursing elevation, the mission completed and viewing of the flight it was pretty slow on the first 1/2. Got battery warnings on landing.

Mission Hub - Litchi

The video is at 2x

"If the AC gets out of range" ?
It keeps completing the mission.

There has been a lot of talk on setting Smart RTH on or off, I'm still confused, but I have it set off, I understand it as if Smart RTH is on, your battery gets to level that says it needs to return home, interrupts the mission, and it takes the shortest route to home and can hit an object that mission was supposed to go around.

One other thing, you need curved turns or Phantom will pause at each waypoint, which then takes longer and can use up precious battery time. :eek:

:)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl