P3P vs Inspire1

I never realized the point of having a "Second Controller" when you can fully control the camera within the app itself!

Because having a second operator means that one person can concentrate on flying while the other can get that perfect shot. Multitasking it isn't as effective as dedication your attention to one task. If that perfect shot is what you're after then you buy the inspire. I personally bought the P3 but if I needed the extra capabilities or just had that kind of disposable income then I would have bought the inspire.

Because having a second operator means that one person can concentrate on flying while the other can get that perfect shot. Multitasking it isn't as effective as dedication your attention to one task. If that perfect shot is what you're after then you buy the inspire. I personally bought the P3 but if I needed the extra capabilities or just had that kind of disposable income then I would have bought the inspire.
I meant the "Controller", like the physical controller that you hold in your hands.
The second operater can hold the iPad in his hand and you can save the $500 in your pocket! ;)

Yeah your right, I guess you could do that. I've messed around with the inspire app though and it's a bit tricky . You need to drag your finger on the screen to move the camera so it's not as precise as a second controller. If you have have the extra cash and the need for that kind of control then it's an option for you. As for me, I bought the phantom 3 haha. I don't have the need or the cash to dish out for all the bells and whistles.

I guess this thread really does help me and I thank you all for your inout, time and knowledge.
I have spent a few too many hours on-line researching the Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 pro specs and features and have come to the conclusion that there's no doubt that the Inspire 1 is the benchmark of sub 5K units. I for one am not a hollywood cameraman, if I were I would not get either or these birds. I would spend at least 30K more and have the ability to cary a Red cam or reference 10k resolution camera. So, since thats not happening for me I can comfortably make my decision on the Phantom 3, as long as it lives up to what DJI says it will do, I think there's enough quality, features and value for my needs as a amateur arial imagist/hobbyist.
If you are an Inspire 1 owner and are pissed off with DJI, I totally understand why, but if your happy with your purchase and don't scratch your head wondering why DJI bent you over, then I also see why. Regardless of the benefits you do get with the Phantom 3 pro for the price, the Inspire 1 does offer a few more advantages if your into making actual commercial video (Non Hollywood of course :) but for me it does not warrant the extra money and I suspect that that is the case for most.

Now, lets see what actually happens when the Phantom 3's come out. Who knows maybe they will automatically fly into my garage or end up on it's own free flight to Youranus.... I mean Uranus

Reactions: FangsCPO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair