P3P s/w update issue

Reaction score
Hi, and a very Merry Christmas to all,

I have a P3P that has sat for about a year and a half to 2 years. I decided to charge the batteries and update the s/w. I downloaded the update pdf and it said to d/l the DJI Go app so I downloaded the DJI Phantom Three app and the only option was for versions of the Inspire. Now that I see not much has changed at DJI s/w development I am wondering if I should update it at all. It did seem to fly well last time I used it.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

The batteries for the drone are the ones that self discharge after being left for a period of time and the controller batteries I discharged to what I guessed was a storage charge level.
After getting online and reading a bit I realized there was a lot of unhappy users with the newer software so will probably stay with what I have thank you for the suggestion.

It is not recommended to put Inspire fw on a Phantom. Not sure why you have that option but they have different versions for different platforms. What versions do you have now? AC fw, Rc fw, and Go version, It will help determine best approach to fix.

Hi, and a very Merry Christmas to all,

I have a P3P that has sat for about a year and a half to 2 years. I decided to charge the batteries and update the s/w. I downloaded the update pdf and it said to d/l the DJI Go app so I downloaded the DJI Phantom Three app and the only option was for versions of the Inspire. Now that I see not much has changed at DJI s/w development I am wondering if I should update it at all. It did seem to fly well last time I used it.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
I know it may seem too obvious but just in case, have you tried swiping left with your finger at the Inspire page to possibly reveal other aircraft connection options?

After the batteries have discharged to storage level they will continue to slowly lose charge afterwards. 2 years is a long storage time. I always try to hold mine at around a level of two lights lit and the 3rd one flashing. When it drops to about one lit and the 2nd flashing, I recharge up to the previous display level.

I know it may seem too obvious but just in case, have you tried swiping left with your finger at the Inspire page to possibly reveal other aircraft connection options?

After the batteries have discharged to storage level they will continue to slowly lose charge afterwards. 2 years is a long storage time. I always try to hold mine at around a level of two lights lit and the 3rd one flashing. When it drops to about one lit and the 2nd flashing, I recharge up to the previous display level.
The battery monitor SOC draws 22uA @ 2.2v in power off mode so from a starting point of 65% SOC (auto discharge level) allowing for typical LiPO self discharge of 4% per month if the packs were in good condition we would expect them to be just below 18% after 24 months untouched.

They should be fine.

Reactions: Steve7777
I've never sat down and calculated the self-discharge rates, but I guess that your calcs are probably not far off the mark. That's good news because I always worry about forgetting to check my batteries as regularly I should do. That said, the discharge in storage after any initial auto-discharge always seems to be quite slow.

I've never sat down and calculated the self-discharge rates, but I guess that your calcs are probably not far off the mark. That's good news because I always worry about forgetting to check my batteries as regularly I should do. That said, the discharge in storage after any initial auto-discharge always seems to be quite slow.
I haven’t worked out the rates either, others have done that. A healthy cell looses around 4% a month from about 60% SOC- the higher the charge level the faster the rate.

Thank you all. It is taking a bit of time to get up to speed again but with the help here I am getting fairly quickly.
I am confused a bit on what to do with my S/W and am not going to upgrade until I am sure it is the right thing to do
As of now this is what I have:
App 3.1.23
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70
DB 01.00.01.05

Tom

Thank you all. It is taking a bit of time to get up to speed again but with the help here I am getting fairly quickly.
I am confused a bit on what to do with my S/W and am not going to upgrade until I am sure it is the right thing to do
As of now this is what I have:
App 3.1.23
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70
DB 01.00.01.05

Tom
I know guys on this forum that would pay top dollar to get there quads back to the versions you are on.

Reactions: railimages
Personally, before you change any firmware, I would recommend trying to-use DJI go 2.4.3(Android) with your current setup and see if that does not fix your problem. Much easier to try older Go than to attempting to rolling back firmware because it had issues.

If it is not broke, don't update. There are people who wish they could go back to your version. I hope your batteries are OK after that long of not being charged?
Absolutely! My son's P3S went dead after update. Mine, a P3P, less than a year old, is going to have to live with the present version until I have no choice.

Reactions: Apilot101
It was really a good news that you were able to charge the batteries back. Please also check if batteries can deliver power for sufficient time. This is just a health check, we do not want your P3 to collapse after few minutes of flying.

Thank you all,
I did upgrade to 1.8 after the recommendation I received. Have not been able to fly due to temps in the single digits. The upgrade went well I think.
I will be sure to fly both packs, staying nearby to check their capacity. They both had auto discharged prior to charging them up.

I wish I could down grade firmware, 1.11.20 sucks...

What's wrong with 1.11.20? I just went and looked, and that's the version I have...

eta: on the AC that is... the RC is 1.9.2

Last edited:
If it is not broke, don't update. There are people who wish they could go back to your version. I hope your batteries are OK after that long of not being charged?
Couldn't agree more. I am really old school. P3 Pro- AC and RC 1.3.20 and Pilot App 1.2.0. Had it since May of 2015 and never had anything unpredictable happen, just fly and have fun. No cold weather battery issues or any other issues.

Reactions: Apilot101

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik