P3p poor signal

Reaction score
I just purchased a used p3p and it always shows poor signal strength and interference warning before flying. But i have range tested it and it seems to fly and show video fine. I used to have a p3p when they first came out and i have flew this one to the exact same areas without any cutout.

why do i keep getting this warning? Should i be alarmed or should i check into something?

Be extremely careful until you resolve the problem. Make sure RTH is set properly for the area you are flying in. Make sure you are positioning the remote antennas properly.

Interference does change from day to day and hour by hour. It is not a constant at most locations. New WIFI sources come and go quite randomly.

check the drone antenna connections for clean contacts and proper connection.

the hd and the signal icons always show full bars. Except when im far away.

Be extremely careful until you resolve the problem. Make sure RTH is set properly for the area you are flying in. Make sure you are positioning the remote antennas properly.

Interference does change from day to day and hour by hour. It is not a constant at most locations. New WIFI sources come and go quite randomly.

check the drone antenna connections for clean contacts and proper connection.

For what its worth, I have rarely turned my P3P or P3A on and NOT gotten that interference warning. Sometimes I can go 17,000+ feet, sometimes I can't get over 1,000

The signal strength indicator is for the drone-controller connection only. The strong interference warning is telling you that there are other signals present strong enough to potentially interfere with the controller drone connection. The later phantoms search for a channel that is less likely to interfere with this link, but as far as I know, none of the P3s have this capability.

Isn't that what the "Auto" Channel setting is for?

The signal strength indicator is for the drone-controller connection only. The strong interference warning is telling you that there are other signals present strong enough to potentially interfere with the controller drone connection. The later phantoms search for a channel that is less likely to interfere with this link, but as far as I know, none of the P3s have this capability.

I almost always see signal interference on power up unless I'm out in the middle of nowhere where there is no wifi signals from other devices. It has never caused flight or range issues and I tend to just ignore it.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I almost always see signal interference on power up unless I'm out in the middle of nowhere where there is no wifi signals from other devices. It has never caused flight or range issues and I tend to just ignore it.
Yep mine is the same, and soon goes away pretty quick when ready to fly.

Reactions: 3rdof5
It is in automatic. And i do have a couple of outdoor wifi antennas for my patio area. I havent flown it yet away from those but ill try before i start deeming somethins bad.

I have the same issue. Sometimes I can only fly 500-1000 feet away and then today I made it 2 miles with my P3P. I just ignore the message. Worse case is auto return to home mode kicks in if you lose connection.

So just a further addition to this... I recently rebuilt my P3P from the ground up with a new shell and some other parts, and I wanted to do a distance test to see if all was ok... I fired up, immediately got the strong interference, fly with caution error... Then proceeded to do a flight of over 18,000 feet. Mind you, I did have some drop outs along the way, but I was limited by my battery life, not my signal strength.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair