P3P panning by itself

Reaction score
Can anybody help me out and let me know why my DJI P3P is panning while my thumb is off of the yaw control? It should just be hovering there but for some reason if I pan to the left and let off the yaw control it'll continue to slightly pan to the left and vice-versa to the right if I am panning to the right it won't stop and just hover. I have to correct for it if it's panning to the left without my controls I have to slightly yaw right and then it'll quit panning by itself this issue just started happening.

I'd think you might need to do some calibrations on the aircraft.

Reactions: Jree80
I'd think you might need to do some calibrations on the aircraft.
I tried calibrating the compass that didn't help I don't know if there's a way to calibrate the IMU I'll have to look into that.

Can anybody help me out and let me know why my DJI P3P is panning while my thumb is off of the yaw control? It should just be hovering there but for some reason if I pan to the left and let off the yaw control it'll continue to slightly pan to the left and vice-versa to the right if I am panning to the right it won't stop and just hover. I have to correct for it if it's panning to the left without my controls I have to slightly yaw right and then it'll quit panning by itself this issue just started happening.
Have you calibrated your RC already?

Have you calibrated your RC already?
No I have not I've saw the option to do that but now that it's giving me problems maybe I need to calibrate my transmitter. I will try that and get back to you and let you know if that helped. I'm an idiot I should have tried that already but I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the reply!

Oh yes there is a way to calibrate the IMU. I don't have a link handy but search this forum it's posted in here several times.

Oh yes there is a way to calibrate the IMU. I don't have a link handy but search this forum it's posted in here several times.
Awesome I will look into that and try to calibrate the IMU's. Someone else on this thread mentioned calibrating my transmitter which is something else I'm going to do. But first i'm going to calibrate the IMU's and if that doesn't help then I'll go and calibrate my transmitter but one of these options should fix my problem thank you all for the replies!

I calibrated the compass but that didn't seem to work I'm wondering if there's a way to calibrate the IMU or if that would even help
Can't say for sure that it would help, but calibrating the imu couldnt hurt! Set it in a cool location (I use my basement) for 15-20 minutes and make sure that it is absolutely level. I actually have a spot on the floor where I used a carpenter's level to confirm level. Go through the Go app to do the calibration, should only take a few minutes. I know it may be obvious, but don't forget to remove the gimbal support before!

Can't say for sure that it would help, but calibrating the imu couldnt hurt! Set it in a cool location (I use my basement) for 15-20 minutes and make sure that it is absolutely level. I actually have a spot on the floor where I used a carpenter's level to confirm level. Go through the Go app to do the calibration, should only take a few minutes. I know it may be obvious, but don't forget to remove the gimbal support before!
Okay thanks for the advice I will try that. I'm leaning more towards calibrating my transmitter as I think that might be the issue but I'm going to calibrate the IMU's first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31