P3P not connecting till after pulling USB

Reaction score
I have a 2.5 year old P3P, and i don't use it all that much, but it still runs great... well.. until recently... here's the story:

I'll mount my iPad 4 Mini on the RC, plug a cable from the RC to iPad, then turn on the RC, then open GO. I then turn on my P3P. Then what happens is GO will say "Disconnected" in the upper left, no matter how long I wait. So I unplug the USB cable from the RC, wait about 20-25 seconds, then plug it back in. At that point it connects, then I'm good.

But something REALLY scared me a this past Wednesday... I connected everything as above, but instead of saying "Disconnected", it said "Connected" like it should. I let it sit for a few, and decided to fly.

(I typically shoot storm clouds, so I go up, spin and shoot, then come down...)

So I get up to 400 feet and start shooting... all of a sudden i see "Disconnected" on the GO app. Needless to say I freaked out... The P3P wasn't going anywhere, so I quickly gathered myself and did the unplug/plug in of the USB. It reconnected, and I immediately brought it down.

I haven't done a firmware update in a long time, and I am 99.9% sure I am at the latest I can be at.

Should I be worried? What is causing the disconnect? This has only been happening for about a month or so.

Thanks for any help...

I have a 2.5 year old P3P, and i don't use it all that much, but it still runs great... well.. until recently... here's the story:

I'll mount my iPad 4 Mini on the RC, plug a cable from the RC to iPad, then turn on the RC, then open GO. I then turn on my P3P. Then what happens is GO will say "Disconnected" in the upper left, no matter how long I wait. So I unplug the USB cable from the RC, wait about 20-25 seconds, then plug it back in. At that point it connects, then I'm good.

But something REALLY scared me a this past Wednesday... I connected everything as above, but instead of saying "Disconnected", it said "Connected" like it should. I let it sit for a few, and decided to fly.

(I typically shoot storm clouds, so I go up, spin and shoot, then come down...)

So I get up to 400 feet and start shooting... all of a sudden i see "Disconnected" on the GO app. Needless to say I freaked out... The P3P wasn't going anywhere, so I quickly gathered myself and did the unplug/plug in of the USB. It reconnected, and I immediately brought it down.

I haven't done a firmware update in a long time, and I am 99.9% sure I am at the latest I can be at.

Should I be worried? What is causing the disconnect? This has only been happening for about a month or so.

Thanks for any help...
Was the RC disconnected? Do you recall if the RC had a red or green light? If you're sure the lights on the RC were green, you only lost connection to the mobile device. I would try a different cable.

Was the RC disconnected? Do you recall if the RC had a red or green light? If you're sure the lights on the RC were green, you only lost connection to the mobile device. I would try a different cable.

You know... that's one thing I didn't check, the lights on the RC. It was fully charged, especially the other day, so I at least know that it wasn't due to low battery on the RC. The cable, physically, looks good, but I will try with a replacement to see.

Thanks for replying...

The Connect tablet AFTER powering up RC and AC has been part of latest Go for some time. Undocumented as always !!

The recc'd start up sequence now is :

1. Start tablet but stay on Desktop screen - do not start GO or Litchi.
2. Power up RC
3. Power up AC
4. Once all green and RC shows connected to AC .... plug in tablet and let it AUTO trigger the box asking if you wish to start GO (or Litchi).

Nigel

4. Once all green and RC shows connected to AC .... plug in tablet and let it AUTO trigger the box asking if you wish to start GO (or Litchi).

Nigel

Problem with this step is I am on iOS not Android... but I’ll try it anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4