P3P, new batteries now paperweights l

I was never very interested in details, as I only have originals, but I remember reading about a FC parameter which makes it accept 3rd party batteries. So hardware fix is probably not needed.

Agreed the circuitry is the same but the connection may need to adapted.

The connections are identical. The batteries all charge fully, and hold the charge well. My one OEM battery flies the drone without any errors or other problems. If I roll the firmware back, DJI GO requires me to install the latest update before I can fly. So much for that☹️.

The cells test and balance fine. Nothing is wrong with them. Until that firmware update, there were no problems. I flew a full season before this issue arose.

If there’s a software fix out there, that’s my best bet, if it can be made to work. I’ll try a contact cleaner, though I’ve used Kramolin for high-end audio connectors, great for the stereo, no help for the drone.

Why problems should persist with Litchi is an enigma I’ll never understand— but there it is. If I can’t resolve the matter this year, my P3P is likely to be sold, a real shame, because it’s a wonderful drone- but I have several others, and this one is becoming more trouble than it’s worth.......

Thanks all for your help— I’ve seen videos on YouTube about this, with solutions that don’t work. how about one that will work? That would save a wonderful drone from a sadly premature retirement.....

The connections are identical. The batteries all charge fully, and hold the charge well. My one OEM battery flies the drone without any errors or other problems. If I roll the firmware back, DJI GO requires me to install the latest update before I can fly. So much for that☹️.

The cells test and balance fine. Nothing is wrong with them. Until that firmware update, there were no problems. I flew a full season before this issue arose.

If there’s a software fix out there, that’s my best bet, if it can be made to work. I’ll try a contact cleaner, though I’ve used Kramolin for high-end audio connectors, great for the stereo, no help for the drone.

Why problems should persist with Litchi is an enigma I’ll never understand— but there it is. If I can’t resolve the matter this year, my P3P is likely to be sold, a real shame, because it’s a wonderful drone- but I have several others, and this one is becoming more trouble than it’s worth.......

Thanks all for your help— I’ve seen videos on YouTube about this, with solutions that don’t work. how about one that will work? That would save a wonderful drone from a sadly premature retirement.....

Today I took the P3P out, and charged all three batteries. Same deal; OEM works perfectly, and the others are still $90 paperweights. Looking at the batteries very closely, I noticed a slight difference in the placement of the contacts on each problematic battery, in that it’s about ¼” longer than the one that works, and there’s an additional ⅛” offset that puts them that much further away from the contact pin block inside the drone.
One of these batteries has only two flights; the other about a dozen. These batteries are new, in all sense of the word— I just can’t use them.

Backdating the firmware is not an option, nor is Litchi- somebody must have taken great pains to make these batteries unusable, though apart from triangular lights on the front as opposed to straight ones, all markings are identical.

Any suggestions? If not, I’ll just sell them— I’m sure there are many other P3 owners whose luck isn’t quite as rotten as mine, and then the batteries won’t go to waste.
I’ll take $150 for both. 2 flights and 11 flights since day 1. The cells are in excellent condition.

Today I took the P3P out, and charged all three batteries. Same deal; OEM works perfectly, and the others are still $90 paperweights. Looking at the batteries very closely, I noticed a slight difference in the placement of the contacts on each problematic battery, in that it’s about ¼” longer than the one that works, and there’s an additional ⅛” offset that puts them that much further away from the contact pin block inside the drone.
One of these batteries has only two flights; the other about a dozen. These batteries are new, in all sense of the word— I just can’t use them.

Backdating the firmware is not an option, nor is Litchi- somebody must have taken great pains to make these batteries unusable, though apart from triangular lights on the front as opposed to straight ones, all markings are identical.

Any suggestions? If not, I’ll just sell them— I’m sure there are many other P3 owners whose luck isn’t quite as rotten as mine, and then the batteries won’t go to waste.
I’ll take $150 for both. 2 flights and 11 flights since day 1. The cells are in excellent condition.
They cost less than that brand new.....

The batteries DO NOT work☹️
What does it say on the battery cells? I'm looking for extra batteries online and i found these brands (see attached screenshot) and according to the reviews they work for everyone. Are the ones you have either of these brands?
Screenshot_20180919-112214_Amazon.jpg

What does it say on the battery cells? I'm looking for extra batteries online and i found these brands (see attached screenshot) and according to the reviews they work for everyone. Are the ones you have either of these brands?
View attachment 103656

No on that. The batteries are exactly the same as OEM, the only difference being that these have Y- shaped panel lights, and the OEM has its lights running vertically, like capital I.

Ok so after reading the reviews and horror stories on the major 2 "other non oem" batteries I've realized there's NO WAY id purchase a non oem battery for my Phantom. Gonna stick with DJI OEM. Double the price but i believe its money well spent to ensure the AC doesnt drop from the sky.

Yeh if can't contact or get refund and are stuck with them you could try litchi app,it might let you fly being 3rd party app,,it is good though
I tried Litchi— it’s a great program, but it still presents the non-DJI intelligent error, flight ✈️ prevented.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4