New DJI batteries produce "MC invalid battery" message

Can someone confirma if this works with latest 3.14 firmware version ? Looks promising.

Hello, members. This is my first post because we just became Phantom owners! We have a Phantom Vision 2 Plus that my brother-in-law purchased last Christmas. We bought it from him to give our son this year because he only flew it 3 times and had no interest in keeping it. The original battery he sent with it works perfectly and we have had no issues with any kind of error messages and it is flying beautifully. No battery loss of signal or any errors on the iPad FPV app. We only experience that with two new DJI Intelligent Flight batteries purchased from an eBay selling who is claiming to be a DJI distributor and says the batteries were purchased directly from DJI this year. The "MC invalid battery" comes up immediately on the iPad FPV as soon as we try to connect to the Phantom when using these new batteries. We have not tried flying it with the new batteries nor will we if the error message continues to exist. I have read on this forum that such a situation could lead to a fly-away drone. I also read that in order to use the new batteries I may need to downgrade the firmware to an older version? I already cleaned the gold battery connectors with a Q-tip and alcohol as some (including DJI) suggest. I've included a photo of the original battery (which is working) and one of the new batteries next to each other. You can see the original battery on the left has a different model number. The eBay seller is willing to take the batteries back. Thoughts?
ba01b2df51c2ce91be68bea263814216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
The batt on the right is the official DJI batt. I bought 3 spares with my P2V+ V3 from B&H Photo last year and they are the same as the one on the right.

I got these batteries off EBay which is an official OEM DJI battery for $74.99 shipping included. I think this was a great deal.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453684871.375777.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453684871.375777.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 251
Wow, really! How can you tell? ...Just for my own edification I'd like to know. I purchased them from Dave's Motors, also known as DDM Racing. As a seller they have good ratings on eBay and their website appears legit. See "About Us" link below.

About Us
I can also vouch for DDM 1000%!!! There aren't enough positive adjectives in the thesaurus to complement the level of class I've received from this shop! They will take care of any issue you have from anything they sell you!!!!
Moose

I'm rocking a P2V++ {loaded with every type of upgrade & mod possible}
& A "INSPIRE V-2"

The batt on the right is the official DJI batt. I bought 3 spares with my P2V+ V3 from B&H Photo last year and they are the same as the one on the right.
That's crazy! Just was reading over this post yesterday, and today one of my batteries during charging was just blinking green. So I went over and it was a bit swollen. Not too much but I've read on these posts that is the tell-tale sign of ruptured / trashed battery. So went back to this post and checked out the two photos. Sure enough,battery in question was the one on the left ( see the ' charge 0 - 60 Celsius ') on the back. So where does someone recommend buying a replacement for the P2 V+ besides the DJI site?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj