P3P flying w/out camera question ami st

Reaction score
I'm sure this will sound as dumb as it is. Newest first timer I'm assuming my initial flights will not have the camera mounted.

Also in the same line of first flight. do's an don't s does the gimble mount stay mounted or is it recommended to be removed on new users

Thus the question without the camera do you still use your iPad/iPhone.
In other words is there signal coming back to my tablet?

Another quickie several post there has been a mention of tethering (sp).
Anyone care to enlighten me. Thanks

I'm sure this will sound as dumb as it is. Newest first timer I'm assuming my initial flights will not have the camera mounted.

Also in the same line of first flight. do's an don't s does the gimble mount stay mounted or is it recommended to be removed on new users

No need to remove the camera. I'm not really sure how one would go about it anyway. Just fly the thing gently until you are really sure of your abilities, and then continue to fly it gently.
Stay away from buildings and trees. They will eat your quadcopter.

Just a bit of friendly advice Rick, and please don't take the wrong way, but if you're dropping $1500 for something, then check out the product a bit. Read up on it. You're getting a nice machine. It's good to know what's in the box. Good luck man.

Don't take the camera off, it is an integral of the P3. You don't have to record video, but is the camera is a part of the app and you will probably receive all kinds of errors if you take it off. I am not even sure if the P3 will take off without it. Yes you will need your tablet to take off. If you loose connection , the Phantom will fly without it, but again I don't think you would want to try to take off without it even if you could, because you would have no telemetry-- battery voltage data, altitude, distance , etc.

If you are unsure about you ability to fly the P3 while learning, it would probably be a good idea to pick up a cheaper quad to learn or or even a P1, the first edition of the Phantom-- that does not require an app and device to fly. -those are readily available on ebay. And once you get some confidence, then go back to your P3 with all the bells and whistles. Good luck to you:):)

you can certainly fly without the camera and gimbal.. no error message.... not much fun though

Some of these answers are really dicky.. If you want to remove the camera for your own peace of mind, go right ahead! It's very simple to remove the safety pins, vibration dampeners and ribbon cable. You should still connect a tablet to the controller though, as the software provides all your telemetry such as height, speed, distance etc. On the iOS app, you can also maximise the map to full screen, and reduce the camera screen right down which makes it great for practising without the added distraction of the camera feed.

Have fun flying, and keep it simple until your control fingers, or thumbs do everything automatically! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.