P3P eBay Deal of the Day for $799

What about warranty on this deal though? They aren't listed on DJI's site as authorized and their listing says "Limited 1-Year Seller Warranty". That concerns me with not have DJI backing me (however good or bad that is). Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What about warranty on this deal though? They aren't listed on DJI's site as authorized and their listing says "Limited 1-Year Seller Warranty". That concerns me with not have DJI backing me (however good or bad that is). Anyone else have thoughts on that?
Given the horror stories I've heard about people making claims with DJI, I was not planning on ever utilizing that. I was planning on keeping a close eye on things the first couple months, and if something looks off, I'd take it up with the seller and have PayPal as my protection if they don't cooperate. Couldn't be much more nightmarish than sending my quad into DJI's twilight zone customer service for weeks/months on end. o_O

But I'm comfortable with that sort of risk. Heck, I bought my first Phantom used on eBay. I guess I've just never been burned on eBay (and I have had a couple times stuff needed to be returned). Buying from good sellers protects you from a lot of the trouble.

josh

That's a good point and I tend to agree. The funny thing is that on the list of "dealers" on DJI's site, Apple and Best Buy aren't listed either.

I am planning to buy 4K gimbal and sell my 2.7K Gimbal on eBay

I need to get rid of my standard but I just saw one on ebay for 281. Yikes !!! I guess I will start a fleet before i get rid of mine at such low price.

Ok, so dummy check here... New P3 batteries are basically selling for around $120... So I could buy this ($799) and a battery on Amazon or something (~$120) and be done for around $920. What's more, the eBay auction probably won't be taxed. Meanwhile, I may be able to get $700-ish for my existing P2V+ with GPC case and 3 batteries, and I have a new P3P for just a couple hundred.

Sounds about right eh?

Josh
Why sell the GPC case? The P3P is the same size as the P2V+. Only very slight modification required. I had the GPC case with my P2V+ and I still use it for my P3P.

I am planning to buy 4K gimbal and sell my 2.7K Gimbal on eBay
Wouldn't you be better off selling your P3A and picking up one of these P3Ps for $799? Even with DJIs price drop on camera/gimbal, I would think you would at least break even with the sale of yours and the purchase of a new P3P.

I think this sale is only a beginning of another big price drop wave for the P3 series.. With the release of a brand new Phantom 4 model, vendors are looking to unload merchandise and stock up on new P4 models.. Same thing happened with the Standard. In just 2 months, the price went down by 40-50%!!!
Look how the seller covers any future price drops in his return policy:
Price protection Policy: Because prices fluctuate, we do not offer price Protection. Once an order is shipped, all sale prices are final.
We do not accept returns on the following items: GoPro Cameras, Drones, Quad-copters, Apple products, NOOK and Kindle Tablets. Videos tapes, Underwater equipment or products that were submerged in water.
So basically if the price drops another $200 next week, they wont do anything about it.
If you buy from big name sellers like BestBuy or Amazon, you are covered for any price drops for the duration of the return policy. All you gotta do is call them, or go back to the store, show receipt, and the new ad for lower price, and they give any difference back right away!. My buddy bought a P3 Standard from BestBuy right before Christmas for $700, 3 weeks later the price went down to $500, he went back to the store, and they put $200 back on his card no questions asked. I got mine from DroneWorld for $700, when the price went down, they wanted nothing to do with me, citing their refund/exchange policy... Something to think about. I will never buy a drone from a small dealer/reseller again! ... But anyways, $799 for a P3 Pro is a great deal, awesome find! Thank you for sharing with us!!

Why sell the GPC case? The P3P is the same size as the P2V+. Only very slight modification required. I had the GPC case with my P2V+ and I still use it for my P3P.
Ohh, very good to know. I had a second off brand case that I was going to use for the P3 but I'd much prefer to use the GPC case. Didn't think it was an option. Sweet!

Josh

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mmee1992
Ohh, very good to know. I had a second off brand case that I was going to use for the P3 but I'd much prefer to use the GPC case. Didn't think it was an option. Sweet!

Josh

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
You have to modify a bit for the P3 RC as well but its not too bad. Nothing a knife won't fix.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic