P3P Crashed now battery reads Battery Discharge Low-temperature

Reaction score
Bumped my P3P into a tree in yard while trying to see tablet screen in bright sun yesterday. Ping ponged off of branches before falling to gravel driveway. Total fall was about 30'. Battery popped out and landing gear was slightly bent. Tried to fly this morning but DJI app say battery discharge low temp (on crash battery) and will not start drone. Charging lights seemed off when charging but show full charge. Installed new battery and it did fly this morning. Think I need to recalibrate compass and emu because it seemed a little off on controls. Will spend more time with it later to do another check flight.

Anyone have any idea if there is anything I can do to try to salvage battery? Hopefully every thing else is ok. Like I said I will do a better check out on it later. Fairly tight schedule today.

Anytime one has a crash or hard landing, it's worthwhile doing the calibrations again on the aircraft.

Your battery seems to be defective now, don't risk with it.

Reactions: Indiana_pyro
Anytime one has a crash or hard landing, it's worthwhile doing the calibrations again on the aircraft.

Your battery seems to be defective now, don't risk with it.[/QUOTE

I am going to recalibrate on the next check out flight. Think I may open up the battery and see if I knocked a wire loose. Anyone opened one up before? If so is there a easy way to open? If I do open it wont till the battery has self discharged

Look for videos on battery mods, they will guide you how to safely open the plastic case. You are right something has gone wrong inside the battery. But be careful, not to short the power terminals even by mistake, it might cause a firework.

Look for videos on battery mods, they will guide you how to safely open the plastic case. You are right something has gone wrong inside the battery. But be careful, not to short the power terminals even by mistake, it might cause a firework.
That is why I am probally going to let battery self discharge first. It appears to be at 100% now.

Self discharge will take it down to ~60%, that itself is risky to work with. Tape all the terminals/ power points as you go on seeing them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20