P3P Controller Link To Bird

Reaction score
Hi All is there a manual way to connect the controller to the bird without using mobile app & does it need to have a camera connected to do this? I can't find it on google anywhere
Thanks for the help in advance

RC can connect to the aircraft without the camera but it needs dji go or equivalent app to get linking started from RC.

The process is that RC sends association codes to AC and acknowledgement is initiated on AC manually.

Reactions: Newgmole
Hi All is there a manual way to connect the controller to the bird without using mobile app
This is how DJI says to manually bind.

Read this whole post and watch the video linked before doing anything! ;-)

image.jpeg

They did leave out important details however, so maybe they didn't try it themselves. Here is a more complete process, and you can reference the DJI photo.

Summary. Read first and then do the steps:

1. Turn on the RC.

2. Turn on the AC.

3. On the RC, press all at once the C1 + C2 + Video Rec buttons. You should hear a "beep beep" from the RC. Release the buttons.

4. Almost immediately after you hear the beeps on the RC, press in the camera setting scroll wheel. The led on RC should then turn flashing blue.

5. Now you have about 1 minute to press and HOLD for 2 seconds the small button (next to the OFDM led) on the side of the VPS module on the AC.

6. The LEDs on RC and AC should become steady green and the beeping should stop.

The linking is complete.

Here is a video showing how to do it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and r238872
Hi Dronesky,

Yes - I can confirm the manual binding method works; I have personally done it a few times since I was having problems getting any mobile device to work with my controller. The instructions that I followed seem to match Osos tip.

1. Turn on RC Tx.
2. Press and hold C1 + C2 + record button (top LHS) simultaneously till you hear D-D-D.
3. Now press the top RHS scroll wheel and the RC will flash blue and DD-DD-DD-DD.
4. Press bind button on craft.

Take care!

Reactions: Oso
Hi Dronesky,

Yes - I can confirm the manual binding method works; I have personally done it a few times since I was having problems getting any mobile device to work with my controller. The instructions that I followed seem to match Osos tip.

1. Turn on RC Tx.
2. Press and hold C1 + C2 + record button (top LHS) simultaneously till you hear D-D-D.
3. Now press the top RHS scroll wheel and the RC will flash blue and DD-DD-DD-DD.
4. Press bind button on craft.

Take care!
Thanks they're linked now, I wasn't pushing the buttons simultaneously now the bird flashes green then stays on red I am under a half a mile of an hospital helipad so maybe it won't start for that reason I am trying inside with the props off too

Reactions: Shoemaker
Thank you! I have been pulling my hair out for the past hour. Good thing I have lots of it. Manually Relinking. Now that is something that I have only read in this thread. Vey helpful indeed! The only difference in my experience is my link lights are green and not blue.

I am still having problems after manually relinking. Lights on bird are still flashing yellow. Using an iPad mini 2. Bird and app works on iPhone 7 plus. Is it the app for the iPad or IOS software that is not working right with the app.

Thank you. After I updated to P3P_FW_V01.11.0020 and the normal linking failed repeatedly (Tap "Linking Remote Controller". The RC will emit beeping sound. -- no beep for me).

But this manual method worked (I had to press and hold the AC binding button two or three times and then it suddenly did it).

Reactions: Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31