P3P cam repair project

Reaction score
P3P 4k camera. pilots that have done cam repair. Camera records video & gimbals respond, but no live video feed, your ideas? Couldn't be ribbon cause it records, or could it be ribbon because ribbon serves multi functions?
Thank you for the help.

The circuit board that controls the video feed has more than likely failed, plenty of posts on this problem, it usually gets cooked doing a firmware update. No cheap and easy fix unfortunately..

That is the top board that the ribbon plugs into, correct? top of cam?
can I try a known good board or will i risk blowing the good board also.

That is the top board that the ribbon plugs into, correct? top of cam?
can I try a known good board or will i risk blowing the good board also.
There's no risk of trying a known good board. The boards are also sensitive to overheating. So its best to have a small fan blowing on it anytime you have the AC powered on with no props running.

Reactions: Phantom2USA
There's no risk of trying a known good board. The boards are also sensitive to overheating. So its best to have a small fan blowing on it anytime you have the AC powered on with no props running.
Hey...Thanks for the hand..

Reactions: 3rdof5
P3P 4k camera. pilots that have done cam repair. Camera records video & gimbals respond, but no live video feed, your ideas? Couldn't be ribbon cause it records, or could it be ribbon because ribbon serves multi functions?
Thank you for the help.
Hi Phantom2USA Did you do a FW update prior to having this problem? I did and so after reading many posts regarding this problem and trying all the suggested fixes with no success, I sent it to the shop to have them look at it.
This was their email to me after diagnostic testing:
"Root cause: Gimbal Main board bricked. board re-flash should fix the problem"
Under $100 fixed and not having to replace gimbal board was nice to here.
Hope this helps

Hi Phantom2USA Did you do a FW update prior to having this problem? I did and so after reading many posts regarding this problem and trying all the suggested fixes with no success, I sent it to the shop to have them look at it.
This was their email to me after diagnostic testing:
"Root cause: Gimbal Main board bricked. board re-flash should fix the problem"
Under $100 fixed and not having to replace gimbal board was nice to here.
Hope this helps

Hey.. sorry for the late reply.. No.. No updates to my knowledge anyway, it was a second hand camera I was going to purchase.
thanks again..Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31