P3P 7,488ft (1.42 miles)

Reaction score
Think max height was 328ft. Probably could have gone further if I went up a bit higher but I was already a bit nervous. This is the furthest out I have been. At 7,488ft I received a "weak RC signal" message.

It was very windy I was going into a headwind and had full forward throttle and only averaging about 15mph. On the way back at full forward throttle I was hitting 46mph so it was hauling. Still had 50% battery left at the end.

Note my horizon is off again :(

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Congrats, we need to put a club together for all those that make the 1.2 mile trip. Maybe send out a medal of some kind?

Man I can't get that kind of distance where I'm at. I'll have to try another location.

Flew 5400 ft out the other night if I'd have known 1.2 m was the goal I'd have done it. I was only at 150' flying over wide open Iowa cornfields.

Thanks, I tried to find a place in town that had distance but wasn't directly over any homes, traffic or buildings for an extended amount of time.

Once my extra batteries get here I'll venture out of town in remote places. I can't get myself to drive 30min to run 1 battery. Could use a generator but then I'd be waiting 45min for the charge.

It was only my 3rd flight out far enough to where I was just looking at my controller. First time I was a nervous wreck. It's getting easier now though. Can't wait for the Headplay FPV goggles to come out. The glare even with a hood is unbearable.

Horizon looked ok until you dared to turn! Seems to recover slowly over time on the flight back in.

So lesson is : never rotate your quad

Reactions: DrChris
Thanks, I tried to find a place in town that had distance but wasn't directly over any homes, traffic or buildings for an extended amount of time.

Once my extra batteries get here I'll venture out of town in remote places. I can't get myself to drive 30min to run 1 battery. Could use a generator but then I'd be waiting 45min for the charge.

It was only my 3rd flight out far enough to where I was just looking at my controller. First time I was a nervous wreck. It's getting easier now though. Can't wait for the Headplay FPV goggles to come out. The glare even with a hood is unbearable.
Are you sure the Headplay goggles will work on the P3? -- there is no HDMI out on the controller. If they do, it would be a great addition!:)

Are you sure the Headplay goggles will work on the P3? -- there is no HDMI out on the controller. If they do, it would be a great addition!:)

HDMI out swap out board for the P3 has been confirmed by a couple DJi support staff on this and other forums (Blade Strike and Tahoe Ed). It's coming just not announced or available yet.

Reactions: bobmyers
That is great to know! Thanks:) The sun glare is a real issue in Texas and you have to drape a cloth over your head and the controller when the sun is really bright to get rid of the screen glare on the Ipad-- even with a sun hood on the controller.

Think max height was 328ft. Probably could have gone further if I went up a bit higher but I was already a bit nervous. This is the furthest out I have been. At 7,488ft I received a "weak RC signal" message.

It was very windy I was going into a headwind and had full forward throttle and only averaging about 15mph. On the way back at full forward throttle I was hitting 46mph so it was hauling. Still had 50% battery left at the end.

Note my horizon is off again :(

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I managed to pull off over 3km the other day, here is the screenshot, I was nervous!, I love this little beast!
phantom 3 dist.png

How do you take screen shots?

How do you take screen shots?

I use the iphone 6plus, I just hit the power button and home button at the same time and it takes a screen shot..If you use android I know there is a button sequence as well, it will just save your screen as a photo in your camera roll, comes in handy.

I use the iphone 6plus, I just hit the power button and home button at the same time and it takes a screen shot..If you use android I know there is a button sequence as well, it will just save your screen as a photo in your camera roll, comes in handy.
yes the Ipad does this-- just didn't remember LOL

You flew 5km using 26% battery? How strong was the tail wind? (or more correctly how problematic was the return headwind!)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic