P3A Sound? Fan noise?

Reaction score
Ever since receiving my P3A, I've noticed that as soon as I turn it on I hear a fan running. Basically, it sounds like a computer fan running. It's almost like a mini hair dryer on its lowest setting. Compared to my P3 4K (which is very quiet), this is louder. I've read this is because of the Lightbridge board needing to stay cool.

The bird seems to fly normal, and I am not getting any prompts/errors in the DJI Go app. I found a video on YouTube (not mine), where a P3 is making the EXACT same sound. I've read that this is completely normal, but I've also read where people say it isn't. I could use some feedback from others who own either the P3A or P3P. Thanks!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've just upgraded from a P2V+ to the P3A and was very surprised by the fan noise. It's normal, I'd be more concerned if it stopped :)
Glad it's not just mine. As I said, it's not a concerning sound, but rather a noticeable/constant fan that is easily observed. I would think there would be an error in the App if there was an issue with the AC.

Okay. Just contacted DJI support for the question/concern (online chat). The customer service employee said that it was completely normal and that is was simply the aircrafts fan running. I told him that I was confused and only thought the fan should be running if/when the aircraft gets hot. He said that is was completely normal not to worry. I took pictures of the entire conversation in case something happens to my Phantom. I'm hoping he's right and that it's no big deal.

Ever since receiving my P3A, I've noticed that as soon as I turn it on I hear a fan running. Basically, it sounds like a computer fan running. It's almost like a mini hair dryer on its lowest setting. Compared to my P3 4K (which is very quiet), this is louder. I've read this is because of the Lightbridge board needing to stay cool.

The bird seems to fly normal, and I am not getting any prompts/errors in the DJI Go app. I found a video on YouTube (not mine), where a P3 is making the EXACT same sound. I've read that this is completely normal, but I've also read where people say it isn't. I could use some feedback from others who own either the P3A or P3P. Thanks!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I had a P3A with a loud whine that sounded like a fan with a bad bearing. Started a thread here: Continuous whining
DJI said it was normal as long as the bird flies. I concluded it was not normal and returned it. Now have a P3P with 2 fans and it is whisper quiet.

Here is my story with it.
Sound of the drone (p3a weird sound)

I sent it in to clean it. After a while, it started doing it again. but less. i sent it in toclean again, since i still had warranty.

Usualy, when you take of from dusty places, that can be the cause of it. So always try to take of from the place that doesnt have dust flying in the Phantom.

Interesting. Well, for now I'll continue to fly. Based on DJI's customer rep, he said it was completely normal and not to worry about it. I took pictures of the conversation in case something were to happen to my P3A.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic