P3A Range

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a p3a which I bought from DJI in February and wondering why I can't get the range I see other people getting.
My bird is a W322A; controller is a GL300B
I fly in an agricultural environment with little or no rf interference and the average range is about 1/2 mile line of sight at 2 to 3hundred ft altitude. I tried an antenna range extender(reflector type) and that got me to about 1 mile at 400 ft line of sight! I have read just about every thing on this site and can't figure out what I am doing wrong or weather it is the equipment. I have max range turned off on the controller. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

buy a dbs mod for it then you will be happy with range

So you have no trees and open fields, youre pointing the stock antennas properly and you still only get 3000'. Do u slowly see the bars start dropping ?
Whats happening?

So you have no trees and open fields, youre pointing the stock antennas properly and you still only get 3000'. Do u slowly see the bars start dropping ?
Whats happening?
when it drops the video i bring it back. if i climb it will pick up the signal again!

20160506_103917.jpg

By the time I buy all the add ons and upgrades I might just as well go back to a real airplane! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
I took my p3a to the the mountains and went 14000 feet. It is the same model's as yours stock

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl