P3A or P3P...??

Reaction score
If (for the forseeable future) all I want to do is shoot in 1080p will it make a scrap of difference whether I buy the P3A or P3P?

Will anyone out there even with a magnifying glass close up to the screen see any difference between the 2 cameras if only shooting in 1080P?

I'm just thinking if it doesn't make any difference then for me personally I might as well go for the P3A but only if there is absolutely nothing different shooting in 1080P between the 2?

The more expensive version also gets you a faster charger but you won't see any difference visually. Stills are the same from both.
Thank you - that's what I thought. I'll probably go for the P3A as I can't really see me needing 4K whilst I've got a P3, I mean how many of us on here can actually even view 4K footage? and of course if you share it anywhere you can say goodbye to 4K :)

Thank you - that's what I thought. I'll probably go for the P3A as I can't really see me needing 4K whilst I've got a P3, I mean how many of us on here can actually even view 4K footage? and of course if you share it anywhere you can say goodbye to 4K :)

I can.. I have a 4K TV. 4K videos are amazing looking on it. I have the Gopro Hero 4 Black as well.. So I'm 4K in the sky and on the ground :)

Can always drop the resolution for you poor folks to watch :p

Reactions: gfredrone
4k looks awesome but 30fps is not ideal especially on fast moving drones, a lot of the 4k youtube video's look really bad because of the jerky motion, great for static shots and really slow pans. I would get the pro 4k for just a few more $

If you don't have a 4K TV or a computer and software capable of converting the 4K to 1080P, you can't see it anyway. I have a really powerful computer in my studio and it really struggles processing 4K with any effects at all.

For now, 1080P is good for me, however, having a 4K capable camera may be likened to having a 100 HP lawnmower but only needing 15HP. I plan to get the Advanced and use the extra $ to get batteries. Someone said that the Professional one is more future proof - really, my phantom 2V+ is only 2 months old. How future proof can anything of this nature be?

yes but I wonder if the 4k will shoot 1080p at 60 AS WELL AS THE INSPIRE DOES
I read that it is the same camera if so better to have the 4k for when you want great stuff and down grade it to 1080 with much clearer video

yes but I wonder if the 4k will shoot 1080p at 60 AS WELL AS THE INSPIRE DOES
I read that it is the same camera if so better to have the 4k for when you want great stuff and down grade it to 1080 with much clearer video

If I can make a educated guess here, all chip and ccd manufacturers have to test their finished chips to see if each individual chip performs up to specifications. Many manufacturers offer the same chip with lower specifications for applications that demand less bandwith etc. 4K has a bunch more data per frame than 1080P. The workload of handling 1080P information can be handled more easily by chips that may be only 97% as good as the ones selected for the 4k units. Not to worry, they are still many times better than needed I am sure.

Let's not forget, that the 1080P unit (Advanced)seems to have the same lens as the professional unit. The lens, in my opinion, was the real downer for the V2+ camera.

Downgrading 4K footage requires a really good conversion codec and a good computer. I, for one, don't want to convert all my stuff before using, I am unconvinced that 4K that has been down converted to 1080 P is as good as unconverted native 1080P. Just my opinion.

I went for the P3A. I like 1080 60p because it's easy to get smooth slow motion from the files. Plus, all of my other cams are 1080p. All of my content will ultimately be delivered in 1080p.

The tech industry would love to have everyone upgrade to 4k (and spur the economy by buying new cameras, monitors, HDTVs, editing programs, computers, etc.). But the reality is that few people have the capacity to view 4k files. At the moment, 4k is answering a question that no one has asked.

Reactions: Meta4
Interesting that this article claims the P3P also comes with a backpack
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hantom-3-arrives-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
Journalists racing to post their stories yesterday made plenty of mistakes that were picked up and repeated.
There are dozens of articles out there that say ... DJI's new Phantom 3 drone gets 4K cam, live HD streaming, 'follow me' autopilot.
There's no Follow Me ... but you'd never know if you relied on Google for info.

If (for the forseeable future) all I want to do is shoot in 1080p will it make a scrap of difference whether I buy the P3A or P3P?

Will anyone out there even with a magnifying glass close up to the screen see any difference between the 2 cameras if only shooting in 1080P?

I'm just thinking if it doesn't make any difference then for me personally I might as well go for the P3A but only if there is absolutely nothing different shooting in 1080P between the 2?

4K seems to be enjoying wider acceptance than 3D did. But that being said, I think an extra couple batteries would be nice to have instead of 4K. By this time next year I suspect it might be a no brainer to go the 4K route. But a lot has to happen for it to become mainstream. More availability to program material shot in native 4K mode for instance. This changeover represents a pretty big expense for new 4K players, cameras, tv, etc. So I doubt the P3A will be obsolete any time soon. Now what am I going to do? Hmmm... They say two is better than one.
By the time you buy second charger, battery and controller you might as well just buy one of each.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic