P3A motherboard

The P3A I rebuilt but I keep getting the ESC Error message and the motors wont turn. So I heard the motherboard if no good. How much do you want for yours?

LOL, I dont have a clue. I just talked to my wife and she says its not in the budget until next month. So I will repost then Thanks

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
This post is ERRONEOUS! Damage can occur if a motor is screwed into place on the upper shell of a P4 without the lower shell in place. My apologies. Sep. 30th. Danny McCarty ST&RGF

Don’t know if this applies here, but some folks have unwittingly destroyed their motors while reassembling their P3. They do this by reattaching their motors to the lower shell before the upper shell is put back in place. With the upper absent, the motor sits lower and the screws end up damaging the windings. It shows up as ESC errors. The only repair is motor replacement. The control board usually remains undamaged.

Last edited:
Don’t know if this applies here, but some folks have unwittingly destroyed their motors while reassembling their P3. They do this by reattaching their motors to the lower shell before the upper shell is put back in place. With the upper absent, the motor sits lower and the screws end up damaging the windings. It shows up as ESC errors. The only repair is motor replacement. The control board usually remains undamaged.
I will definatelytake a peek , but I was very careful, took photographs before, during and after, just to make sure I didnt leave anything out or in the wrong place. But, I will check out your suggestion. Thank you!

It’s easy to spot with a flashlight. Remove the screws and look at the lower windings. If they’re scrunched up, they’re ruined. Fortunately, motors are inexpensive.

It’s easy to spot with a flashlight. Remove the screws and look at the lower windings. If they’re scrunched up, they’re ruined. Fortunately, motors are inexpensive.
I also have used working motors. I can inspect them for what @SouthTexas&RioGrandeFlyer described. I also know that @Ted4797 should have some, and he is in the US, so quicker and cheaper shipping for you as you are in the US as well. He is a good an honest guy to deal with.

Nope, the windings are ok. Question. If you snipped a wire to one of the motors, would they all stop running? Or would they all spin except for the one with the snipped wire?

Nope, the windings are ok. Question. If you snipped a wire to one of the motors, would they all stop running? Or would they all spin except for the one with the snipped wire?
I believe just the one with a snipped wire would not run, rest would still spin. Maybe depending on what wire was snipped. If it was the yellow wire that tells the motor what to do, you might just get an error.

DO NOT snip the motor wires! There’s two enameled conductors in each wire and it’s a major PITA to make an electrically reliable splice; ie, these splices are risky at best and prone to fail. If you want to disable a wire or reconfigure the wires (why???), desolder their connection at the ESC board and solder back into place.

These are 3 phase motors and need all 3 wires connected to power to work correctly.

that does not make any sense having to fit the upper shell before putting the 4 screws into the motor mounts
the top shell has nothing to do with these motor screws
you can only damage the motor winding if you use screws that are to long ie not the original screws
you tell me any different if you wish

that does not make any sense having to fit the upper shell before putting the 4 screws into the motor mounts
the top shell has nothing to do with these motor screws
you can only damage the motor winding if you use screws that are to long ie not the original screws
you tell me any different if you wish

DAAAANG......I completely goofed this up. You’re right and it doesn’t make sense. The problem with screws messing up a motor occurs with a Phantom 4 - not the Phantom 3. If the motor is mounted and screwed to the upper shell of a P4 without the lower shell in place, the screws will damage the windings.

Thanks for your gentlemanly reply. I apologize for my erroneous post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav