P3A Intermittant ESC Error

Reaction score
Hello, new to drones but not R/C. Looking for some guidance.

Just picked up a used P3A, guy stated it had ~2 hours of flight on it. He also stated that he hadnt flown in almost a year, took it out for 10-15 minutes and fired it up and had to update firmware, before I got there to see it fly before I bought it. Seemed like a good person, drone looked great. He flew it, I flew it, no issues.

Later that day I fired it up, no issues. Landed, turned it off. 10 minutes later turned it on, tried to start via toggle stick "ESC error, restart contact DJI if persists, etc.". Turned it on and off 2x and it fired up again. Ran, changed batteries, ESC error first time. Turned off/on flew fine. Did this same behavior ~50% of the time that evening.

Yesterday, got it out, started very first time by "audo takeoff" feature and fly/land at least 6x with no issues. Alll good.

The only correlation I can find is that if I use the auto take off feature the first time after the drone has been sitting, it seems like I do not get the error. I can then toggle stick down and in each time after with no errors. BUT, if I attempt to start the drone with the toggle sticks the first time, ESC error almost every time.

Talked to the nice guy I bought it from and he said that he had never seen the ESC error once since he owned the drone.

This drone is >1 year old and I would prefer not to deal w/ DJI becuase of what I read. I'm very comfortable around R/C and can solder
Mainboard is P01012.07 (part 33 for 960 kV motors-2312)
Controller is GL300A

Becasue this is so intermittant, but mostly around the first start process, does that sound like firmware?
Motors ? I check props/motors for proper/smooth spin each time before first flight.
ESC ? I would think if its ESC (mainboard) that it would be an all or nothing issue and never fire.
Sadly, i forgot to check and see what version firmware is on it but I would assume it is the most current as of today (will check tonight).

I have a replacement board and motors spec'd out online just incase I need to order and replace.

Very strange issue, maybe you should try to reinstall firmware first to see if it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20