P3A Carry Handle

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I see plenty of 3D Prints to make a handle, but you need a 3D printer to do it.

The handle is "over-the-top", insomuch as it grasps/holds both sides of the bird.

Has anybody seen or heard of an already completed handle available in the retail world?

All the best.

Hi folks,

I see plenty of 3D Prints to make a handle, but you need a 3D printer to do it.

The handle is "over-the-top", insomuch as it grasps/holds both sides of the bird.

Has anybody seen or heard of an already completed handle available in the retail world?

All the best.
A search using the search engine here (magnifying glass, top right) came up with this quite old thread. However, the link to bymac.org still appears to be live and selling - and it's up to you whether it's worth the $45+shipping price.

Thanks for the reply, Steve7777.

I've downloaded the print file and have arranged for a 3D printing shop in Melbourne, Victoria to do the job.

They are charging AU$30.00 plus $10.00 shipping.

What I can't fathom is how does bymac.org's handle work as a gimbal something or rather. I watched the video and saw nothing about it!

All the best.

I'm puzzled, but at 81 it happens easily, but why does one need a carrying handle for a P3A? I find the most comfortable carry handle is one of the landing supports (with gimbal lock in place).

I'm puzzled, but at 81 it happens easily, but why does one need a carrying handle for a P3A? I find the most comfortable carry handle is one of the landing supports (with gimbal lock in place).

I think the idea is that you have a good handle on which you can get a good and comfortable grip and can thus use your Phantom camera a bit like an action camera with a gimbal - with the drone switched on, the props removed and motors not spinning, of course. With many models this is probably not a very good idea for prolonged periods, as certain parts may overheat.

Personally I think that's a very cumbersome way of doing it and I have a proper full 4K 60fps action camera with a proper hand-held motorised gimbal anyway. Both items are relatively cheap to buy nowadays and many give very good results. I also get double stabilisation, as both the action camera and gimbal have gyro stabilisation.

Right or wrong, I sometimes carry my Phantom via one (or sometimes two) leg(s), but always giving additional support as well.... However, I do hand catch on one leg every time for landing, but let's not visit that subject yet again... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic