P3 Will not work

Reaction score
I bought my Phantom 3 Pro about a year ago, I flew it about 30-40 times, never crashed it. I did all the updates with no issues. Just recently after not flying for about 3 months I tried to fly and charged all my batteries and it would not work. I did the newest firmware update to the aircraft, and to the batteries, and the aircraft will still not operate properly. The problem is the remote controller is not connecting to the aircraft.
Has anyone had similar issues?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Cody

Try binding it again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Pharm
I just got done binding the RC and it still has not connected to the Aircraft. Is there anything else that could be wrong?

Have you downloaded all the latest firmware for the controller? Are you using a GL300a b or c controller?

What lights are on on your controller and on the OFDM module on the bird?

I have downloaded the firmware successfully onto the aircraft and all 4 of my batteries, the RC i simply cannot figure out how to download the firmware.

You might have to update the controller firmware with a USB stick.

P.S. try not to do this in the middle of the night because it will wake up your whole household with the beeping noise. :)

Reactions: TheGodfaja
It could be the USB stick im using, it is kind of cheap, I am going to find the same one used in the video above and try the update once again.
Thanks

You might have to update the controller firmware with a USB stick.

P.S. try not to do this in the middle of the night because it will wake up your whole household with the beeping noise. :)

After getting my new USB disk in the mail and attempting the RC firmware update multiple times, I am still not able to update the RC for some reason. Still whenever I try to connect my drone n get ready to fly it says "Disconnected" (pictured below) at the top left on the app interface, and I am unable to fly. If anyone has an idea why Please inform me.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
On my RC there is a green light shown.
I will give you the lights on the aircraft later this evening when back at home.
Thanks

Is your device (phone/tablet) connected to the RC? If so, you might need a new cable. If you have green on the RC, the RC is connected to the AC. The only time I've had the issue you described was when my phone or Ipad wasn't connected. In my case it was on a P3S and I forgot to connect to the Phantom Wifi.

I have a P3S. I took it out fro a few flights. Now I am trying to fly for the lost couple of days but am having no luck. The aircraft and the RC just not connecting. An the RC I am seeing a message in red saying, "remote controller signal weak". What do I need to do. Help help.

Last edited:
Is your device (phone/tablet) connected to the RC? If so, you might need a new cable. If you have green on the RC, the RC is connected to the AC. The only time I've had the issue you described was when my phone or Ipad wasn't connected. In my case it was on a P3S and I forgot to connect to the Phantom Wifi.

I actually bought an apple connector cord as well and that one did not work either. Right now I am at a loss as for what to do next.

The front two prop lights are solid red and the back prop lights show a blinking yellow color.
Solid red on the front just means the AC is on. According to the manual, slow flashing yellow on the rear means it's safe to fly in Atti mode (no GPS or VPS). Rapid yellow flashing means "Remote Controller Signal Lost". Could be an antenna issue on the Phantom or the controller. This is confusing because if you have solid greens on the RC, it means you ARE connected. Weird. The only other things I can suggest are:
1. Try a third cable,
2. Make sure your startup follows this sequence -
A. Turn on RC,
B. Turn on AC. Wait until green light is solid on RC, then
C. Open DJI Go.

Reactions: TheGodfaja
I ordered another cable. But today after work I will try the sequence you have listed above. Thanks Pharm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic