P3 Std crashed, bad motor?

Reaction score
Experienced flyer. Was using RTH, P3 was on it's descent. All of a sudden I heard a noise, P3 flinched, fell from sky and crashed . I noticed 1 motor was tight and the prop was destroyed on impact. When dis assembling motor I noticed blue silicone between 2 magnets. Almost as though it was used to balance the motor?? I have several vids on motor disassembly and have never seen this blue silicone used. I did not inspect other motors and wonder if anyone has seen this in one of their motors? Its a new unit w/ only 20 minutes on it. Now I have a crashed unit, 1 bad motor, a main board that has broken pcs on if from impact, and a frame which has a busted arm. Thinking im gonna send back the motor and let a dji tech look at it so i get their opinion on what could have happened.
20170406_212143.jpg
Almost forgot a critical piece of info, I noticed that the gimbal vibrated more than it should with the few short flights I had with it. One other thing I did was to add prop guards on it before flight. To do this I had to remove motor screws, put guards on, use a small drop of loc tite on each screw, and re-installed. The prop guards came with longer engine mounting screws b/c of the added thickness of the guards. After the P3 crashed I noticed 1 motor was gone from the arm completely! I thought, did I cause this and not put motor back on with proper torque? ??? I was sure I did them all correctly as I am also a 3 decade motorcycle racer and at high speeds of 100-150 mph, u don't usually make mistakes and live! Im religious with repair n servicing n really don't think I caused this, but I guess it's possible!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20