P3 Standard has the same video quality Pro/Adv. models?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading from P2 to either P3 Standard or Advanced.

Has anyone compared the image and video quality from Standard and Advanced models? Say 1080p and 30fps. Is the quality same or somewhat lower from the camera on Standard? Sharpness, details, etc.

I'm asking this because I have not yet found a review that compared the image quality from both cameras.

P3S is 2.7K camera and P3A is 1080p.....
Its not about the megapixels... its about the CCD (sensor size) and lens and how much bitrate the processor can handle.
Compare the Phantom Series | DJI

Adv and Pro uses:
Sony Exmor R BSI 1/2.3", Effective pixels 12.4M (Total pixels 12.76M)
Adv is about 40mbs and Pro is about 65mbs

Standard uses:
Panasonic Smart FSI 1/2.3", Effective pixels 12M (Total pixels 12M)
Mbs is unknown (unless someone has specs).

Vision Plus uses:
Aptina 1/2.3 ", Effective pixels14M
11mbs = 1080p was heavily compressed, artefacts galore!!

The specs look good, but you will have to wait till users review..

Blade strike did some range testing on the Standard and recorded some footage. I believe it was uploaded to youtube. Just be aware that youtube destroys the quality.

My Phantom Standard just arrived today and before the sun went down I did a quick comparison to a GoPro 4.
All default settings, sharpness seems about the same and in this case the Phantom Standard handled the light better than the GoPro (significantly).
I'll compare it to the Inspire sometime soon but anyone who's seen the comparisons know that the Phantom 3 ADV/PRO & Inspire already put out better video than any current GoPro.
Since everyone is pushing 4k which only goes to 30FPS now anyway I'm not worried about the Advanced doing 60FPS considering the cost savings.
I got the Standard for AU $916 vs AU $1550 for the Advanced and currently blown away by the quality/price ratio.

Thank you for the comparison, looks really good. Even way better, than a GoPro 4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor