P3 Standard Gimbal Not Responding

Reaction score
So 6 days ago I clipped a branch and crashed my p3 standard. The entire gimbal system was ripped off the drone. The only damage I saw was a bent yaw arm, broken vibration plate, and all three wires going from the drone to gimbal had been ripped out. I replaced the yaw arm, vibration plate, and the fat grey cable but not the other 2 small ones that are grey and black. After replacing all of these I put the grey in black cables into the copper connectors and squeezed them shut. After all of this i started up my drone an had no response from the gimbal/camera and the camera view did not show in app. Did I do something wrong or do I need to check something?
4b8d64ef2dfd047bcb1c56da26367e11.jpg
fb307d168bb9eef62dc63ddc3f442543.jpg
71aa3254ac8904914572cdbebc5701b2.jpg
3060cf4bb774e447acebff2e8bc3c64b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you bent your yaw arm and broke your vibration plate, theres a chance something happened to the ribbon cable. Did you look at the whole ribbon cable from the gimbal board to the camera when you replaced the yaw arm?

If you bent your yaw arm and broke your vibration plate, theres a chance something happened to the ribbon cable. Did you look at the whole ribbon cable from the gimbal board to the camera when you replaced the yaw arm?

The only damage I see to it, is a crease near the the pitch motor.

Check the connector on the main board. It looks solid in your pic but they come loose alot during crashes and then your gimbal will be dead.

Check that your ribbon cable is still plugged in to all the motor boards and to your cam.

Also, take some pictures of the cable near the pitch motor. When I fix a nonresponsive gimbal, the first thing I do is replace the ribbon cable with a genuine DJI cable. Its the cheapest part that can fail. Then if that doesnt work, go on the the gimbal board, etc.

One more thing. When you replaced the gray cable, make sure you used the correct cable for the standard which is different than the Pro/Adv. The connector should be bigger on the gimbal board end than on the main board end.

Check the connector on the main board. It looks solid in your pic but they come loose alot during crashes and then your gimbal will be dead.

Check that your ribbon cable is still plugged in to all the motor boards and to your cam.

Also, take some pictures of the cable near the pitch motor. When I fix a nonresponsive gimbal, the first thing I do is replace the ribbon cable with a genuine DJI cable. Its the cheapest part that can fail. Then if that doesnt work, go on the the gimbal board, etc.

3b93338bb4e79f950072a81a27b4e2e7.jpg

I got it fixed, it is now fully responsive but I am still not getting a camera view in app and it is crooked.
678bf5ee567f269624b477c8b04f0409.jpg

I have a similar situation...topped a tree and lost the camera from the frame. I can reconnect the camera and get a video feed on the app, I can calibrate the gimbal, but no response from the gimbal tilt on the remote. Any advice? Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattnn