P3 S for fishing (looking for help here)

Hi All,

So, my 1st post, and before I start, I have gone through all threads on drone fishing.

My only ask here is, will flying a P3S over ocean harm its electronics ?

What are the recommendations for drone fishing? Is there any other cheap drone which can be substituted for P3S?

My only purpose to buy drone is to do fishing, not at ALL interested in camera or its quality,
Salt air is corrosive...the more exposure the more the corrosion begins..especially electronics...Maybe if you can make it waterproof...Semper Fi

“Droning” out your bait is pretty standard down here, in answer to your question, yes, the salt water will be detrimental. Just like anything else, its life is going to be significantly shortened as a result of the salt. The real risk is just going too far. Say you do have 200 yards of line, Run it out to 190, and you’re in some really good water. Then some big bull redfish (insert your local big fish here) grabs your bait and makes a 60 yard run out to sea.. end result is a redfish dragging 200 yards of line around..

“Droning” out your bait is pretty standard down here, in answer to your question, yes, the salt water will be detrimental. Just like anything else, its life is going to be significantly shortened as a result of the salt. The real risk is just going too far. Say you do have 200 yards of line, Run it out to 190, and you’re in some really good water. Then some big bull redfish (insert your local big fish here) grabs your bait and makes a 60 yard run out to sea.. end result is a redfish dragging 200 yards of line around..

Down here if a big Jewfish gets it you're going to need more than 200 yards and lots of time.

Hi All,

So, my 1st post, and before I start, I have gone through all threads on drone fishing.

What are the recommendations for drone fishing? Is there any other cheap drone which can be substituted for P3S?

My only purpose to buy drone is to do fishing, not at ALL interested in camera or its quality,
the ehang ghost vr 2.0 drone might work but otherwise idk

As far as I know, salts don't evaporate with water...confused on what this "salt air" people are saying that might adversely affect the electronics.

edit: or do you mean like the mist that happens at some distance above the water?

Last edited:
As far as I know, salts don't evaporate with water...confused on what this "salt air" people are saying that might adversely affect the electronics.

edit: or do you mean like the mist that happens at some distance above the water?
That’s basically what it is, but it can actually get carried miles inland as well. My experience is with the Texas coast, but salt-air corrosion can happen a long way from the actual saltwater..

Reactions: DKG13CC
Hi All,

People have been using kites for a very long time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT