P3 Profession Crash - Camera is going haywire

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I had a small incident with my P3 this morning. The copter itself is fine, meaning it flies perfectly, however when I turn on the main power to the P3 the 3 axis 4k camera becomes erratic. I still receive an image on my phone, but there is something clearly wrong with the 3 axis.

Any suggestions prior to switching out the entire unit?

Thanks,

sh

I assume you recalibrated everything? IMU and gimbal especially.:)

I assume you recalibrated everything? IMU and gimbal especially.:)

No doubt do as Bob suggested. Also take a video of what your gimbal is doing throughout the regular process and share it here for a better diagnosis.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whooooooooooa Nellie:eek: did you recalibrate the gimbal following the IMU calibration?

When the P3 is powered off, does the gimbal move freely in all directions with your hand ?

When it's powered down can you position the camera where it's supposed to be? Curious to know if it's hardware or software causing it.

I'm here with additional suggestions but I'm just waiting to see your response about the gimbal moving freely without power.

Btw, I can tell you now your gimbal if fixable and most likely something you can do yourself.

Does it move freely?

I'm here with additional suggestions but I'm just waiting to see your response about the gimbal moving freely without power.

Btw, I can tell you now your gimbal if fixable and most likely something you can do yourself.

Does it move freely?

It does move freely. I was watching a video in which you take the rear plate off and realign the flat part of the shaft upward. Still no luck.

Woohoo!...did another recalibration..and it stop freaking out. Appreciate the input. Back to flying!!

Mine did this and it is fixable. I crashed from about 20 ft up from a tree of course and after that the gimbal went completely wonky. YouTube it but what you do is take the covering off the back of the gimbal, pull a ribbon cable, lift the little PCB up and manually turn the shaft to make it level. Replace ribbon cable and line up the shaft with the potentiometer on the PCB. I got lucky I suppose and it was perfect, no more wonkiness whatsoever. I have read that it might take a few adjustments to get it just right but it works like a champ.
Standard disclaimers apply of course, but if you send it in odds are they will replace the gimbal anyhow so what's the worst that could happen? Either you fix it for free or send it again in and will probably be out $400 at the end of the day not to mention no flying for at least a few months. That was my rationalization at least.
Be super careful with the ribbon cables, they will tear and crimp if you rush it.

Good luck!

IMU recalibration and gimbal calibration works wonders-- but everyone always seems to miss that one and it is probably the most important.

Woohoo!...did another recalibration..and it stop freaking out. Appreciate the input. Back to flying!!

That's great news, congrats!

And to think you had some say you need to get a new gimbal. :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.