P3 Pro vs. Killer Sharks

Yes, in LA area we've started getting some positive press on use of drones. One local news channel had a live streaming drone day as part of their newscast.

Reactions: Tron_X
I hope life doesn't imitate art and people get scared to go back into the water because nobody knew that all these mainly harmless sharks were always around swimmers and surfers. With a bit of luck they won't cause hysteria and only report when larger or dangerous sharks are about. Pretty cool though, and I'd feel safer if all beaches with sharks had drones flying over all the time. We don't get killer sharks here, we get basking sharks that are much longer than great whites but harmless, still doesn't help when you come across one while swimming or snorkeling because they can reach 20ft no problem

Reactions: Tron_X
We don't get killer sharks here, we get basking sharks that are much longer than great whites but harmless, still doesn't help when you come across one while swimming or snorkeling because they can reach 20ft no problem

Haha, well the "killer shark" title was meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek, just throwing back a jab at the media. But yeah basking sharks are absolutely fantastic creatures, would love to swim with them someday (and stay far out of their way). I was lucky enough to snorkel with nurse sharks in the Caymans back in the day and it left me changed forever, in a good way. Fascinating creatures that are very picky eaters (they prefer the tastiest cuisine).

The number of shark attacks annually is amazingly low, as it turns out cows and biting insects are much more dangerous to people. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...that-are-most-likely-to-kill-you-this-summer/

Personally, I still wouldn't take a chance swimming near white sharks, when they turn aggressive you're pretty screwed.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Hey whites don't even need to be agressive, a small little exploring nip and you've lost a big % off your body.
I love doing crazy things in life but everytime I see someone swimming with a great white without a cage hairs spring up on the back of my neck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.