P3 Pro Test Edit Video

Reaction score
Did a quick edit with some footage I did last weekend. Only have one battery so I had limited resources available. No crazy shots, just some scenery I thought looked pretty cool

What software do you use?
What was the source video format?
I like the over the cliff and landing shadow shots

Thx. I had some nice orbit shots of some of the trees etc too but they were a little too wobbly in terms of my piloting of them so I passed on them.

This was just shot at 1080p to save space on the sd card I had. Videos were in MP4 as I believe those file sizes are smaller too. I think MOV format looks a little better in terms of overall quality though.

Edited and color corrected in Adobe Premiere CC

I just switched to Premiere CC from FCP X, I'm still in the 30 day trial. I currently have a CC subscription for Lightroom/Photoshop.
Here's a post I made about Premiere CC export presets for 4K. They may come in useful for you if you haven't already done some background research on export settings.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/adobe-premiere-cc-export-presets-for-4k-30fps-24fps.41433/

Actually thats very useful. I haven't fully dug in on editing/media/export etc with the P3 footage. Haven't had much time, so anything is helpful. I had tried to do a 4k experiment on my first outing and was really having trouble getting 4k out out of Premiere in a way I felt wasn't ridiculous. Standard .mov wrappers don't seem to love 4k in Premiere output for some reason that I couldn't figure out. It restricts the resolution to 1920 or 2k (don't remember) but mpeg seems to go south faster on compression. thanks!

Last edited:
That's a nice little video! I liked the color grading - need to teach myself a lot more about that before my P3 arrives.

Edit: Actually, that video reminded me of a thread I've been wanting to start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav