P3 Pro or P3 SE - Which is better?

Reaction score
I was displeased that DJI had cut the P3 Pro and Advanced from their product line. I was doing a comparison of specs between the Pro and the SE to determine which is better, I will define "better" in a moment. After review I must concede I am still confused and started to think if price would be an indicator of a better product the Pro of course being $200 more from various online retailers. I am still not convinced either way and am turning to the forum to help in determining which is the better of the 2.

For me the "better" of the 2 would be one that:
- Has better camera (stills and video in higher quality)
- Longer operating distance from transceiver
- Longer battery life (capacity)
- Flight controls and stability (GPS, vision system, etc)
- Image stabilization (gimbal) performance

My gut is telling me the Pro is the better of the 2 but I would very much appreciate the groups feedback.

Thank you.

The camera, battery, GPS, vision system, and gimbal are identical in both the P3P and P3SE.

Here's what I like about the P3P:
  • It has a higher quality remote controller and more buttons to perform functions right from the remote controller
  • The remote controller can be connected to a mobile device with a cable
  • It does not use Wi-Fi
  • Longer range

Reactions: Newbieguy
Like what I am hearing... so far, this supports my initial thoughts. I also like sticking with the same bird so accessories can be interchanged like batteries, controllers, parts, etc. Thanks for the input, eager to see what other pilots think.

In my mind The SE is a pimped out standard I love flying mine but the wifi lets it down and in some countries it’s distance is limited severely. In Aus I’ve had mine out to about 2.5kms but I’m going to say my normal operating range is about 1.2 to 1.5 kms before it wants to RTH The 4K camera is awesome but you have limited shooting settings in 4K The RC is a p3 standard controller I was expecting a p3p type controller with the extra buttons ect For me the trade off was the price the Se was almost half the price of a p3p when I got mine With out a doubt the p3p is the better machine though

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4